Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Animated models - Why I can go (walk) through them?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 19:29
Hello everybody!

I have made some animated models using Milkshape 3D. The animations work fine, but when I started to create animated doors I realized that you can go (walk) through them.
I've never checked that before, but it's the same with all of the animated models created in Ms3d.
I think the problem is not Entity Maker this time, because I cannot import these animated models even in Entity Workshop (imports nothing) or Blender (says Python script error).

Does anybody know how to fix that?

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Because when a object is dynamic it doesn't add it as part of the collision. But saying that I wonder why crates have collision.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
If you check out one of the door scripts you will find that collision is on when door closed,when door is open collision gets set to off.
Ensure that your pivot is at the centre of the door when modeling,try walking into the door without opening it to ensure thst the collision bounding box is in correct place,if you can walk through the door when its closed you may find that collision is off centre,try walking around it and so on.

Ice Cube
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 21:52
Thanks a lot guys!
@Rolfy, you are absolutely right. It works now! I've read somewhere you are one of the best animators here and I see that's true

Cheers!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:23:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:23:58