Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Piracy / Impersonator / General Silliness

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2007 14:14
Hey.
Had someone being rude to people on the forum at my site. That's not really a problem, I couldn't care less, I'll just delete it. My issue, and the reason I'm posting here is because this same person has been posting offensive messages, under my name to my customers.

On top of that they also claim to have posted ButterCutter on various warez sites.

A quick bit of googling later and I discovered that it had infact been posted on some warez sites (albeit ones you had to pay to join).

I then found some links to a site where a dude called *rogi* was trying to get downloads on all sorts of TGC and 3rd party products. You know someone called *rogi*? Hit him in the face for me (and everyone else who's selling FPSC products).

Also a guy called mingo. Hit him in the face twice! And do it with a shovel! He's posted links to most TGC products.

I'm going to forward the links on to admins...

So, basically, if you're reading this, and you're the guy who has been pirating my stuff and abusing people on my forum, just stop.
It's not getting you anywhere, you're just messing up my business.
Because of this, the next pack will have to have more security, and that'll make it more expensive.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2007 17:41
I am looking into this as we speak (or read and type) and TGC has been notified of this.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2007 18:08
"Because of this, the next pack will have to have more security, and that'll make it more expensive."

Butters, I do understand your frustration and also know you could spend a lot more time adding security and to be honest make a little dent in the darker side of life. Please keep in mind the people like myself that support what you create and try not to make us suffer (too much) for those who do not ... and I also support world peace.
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "On top of that they also claim to have posted ButterCutter on various warez sites."

Find the forum list for the site and cross-reference the email of the account with your purchases, because who ever posted it got it from you or someone who got it from you to begin with. Also check the ip on your forum of the postee and crossreference it with TGC's if they will let you.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2007 19:01 Edited at: 7th Nov 2007 20:00
Quote: "I then found some links to a site where a dude called *rogi* was trying to get downloads on all sorts of TGC and 3rd party products. You know someone called *rogi*?"

Dude, that is Igor spelled backwards.

Wikipedia...
"Igor or Ygor is the traditional stock character or cliché hunch-backed assistant or butler to many types of villain, such as a Dracula or mad scientist, familiar from many horror movies and horror movie parodies, Frankenstein and Van Helsing[1] films in particular."

I think I know who it could be. (possibly my old arch enemy)
Someone ruined my forum too Butters.
I eventually lost that battle and just took it down. (mine wasn't that popular anyway)

Quote: "It's not getting you anywhere, you're just messing up my business.
Because of this, the next pack will have to have more security, and that'll make it more expensive."

To him, ruining your business is where he wants to get. That's his goal.
At least it was for the guy who tried to ruin mine.
This guys operates the same way so I think they may be one in the same.

Quote: "Also a guy called mingo. Hit him in the face twice! And do it with a shovel! He's posted links to most TGC products."

No backwards spelling on that one, but it could be taken litterally.

Wikipedia...
"The Mingo are an Iroquois group of Native Americans that migrated west to the Ohio Country in the mid-eighteenth century. Anglo-Americans called these migrants mingos, a corruption of mingwe, an Algonquian word meaning 'stealthy' or 'treacherous'.[1] Mingos have also been known as 'Ohio Iroquois' and 'Ohio Seneca'.

The Mingo language (native name: Unyææshæötká') is a Northern Iroquoian language of eastern Ohio, western Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. It is a polysynthetic language with extremely complex verb usage, closely related to Seneca, Onondaga, and Cayuga. There has been increasing interest in recent years, especially among Mingo descendants, in revitalizing the language."

The respark in interest may also possibly be for creating codes like the unbreakable Navajo codes used in WWII.
I think this would be more in his interest, and I do not think he is Iroquios or from North America.
I think he chose that word for its treacherous meaning, and to be 'stealthy' by throwing you off making you think he is American.

Don't worry, IT'S NOT ME (I'm part Cherokee, not Iroquois)
I just have an deep understanding of this type of mindset.
I think this is one person, but I am only speculating so I won't say his name.
My suspect did impersonate me in these forums once. (TGC knows who I am talking about and he does too.)
If I am wrong, then let me apologize in advance.
However, if you had not impersonated me here at this forum, then you wouldn't be a suspect.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

moogle man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2007 10:33
Ahh i see you are talking about my post butters, well thx for getting rid of that idiot (hehe sucker)ill be gettin buttercutter soon!

the wombat watches you all
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2007 23:37
@conjured entertainment: Some really impressive research.

I heard of this guy back in September, but I guess I let my ear stray too far from the ground. I'll look into it, see what I can dig up.

[center]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:25:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:25:11