Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Maybe you know this...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
v1.04 Supposedly fixed some of the issues connecting to one another in multiplayer mode. Can anyone tell me what was changed, so that I may update Lemur..

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2007 02:02 Edited at: 8th Nov 2007 02:03
You're wasting your time, Url.

I already made a thread asking for what was changed in the source to fix a certain bug... no body cares about us source users.

Let alone a source user wanting to know about MP. Everyone knows TGC doesn't care about MP in FPSC.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Now now, don't be a downer debbie, somebody must know!

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2007 02:40
They made it so that people with routers could connect to games.

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "They made it so that people with routers could connect to games."

Ok, do you know what they added to the code? (fingers crossed)

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2007 05:54
Quote: "no body cares about us source users."

TGC cares or they wouldn't have given you the source in the first place.
They said that they might release the source for v1.07 around x-mas.
Wait for it, and then you will know all the changes.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2007 11:27
Quote: "TGC cares or they wouldn't have given you the source in the first place.
They said that they might release the source for v1.07 around x-mas.
Wait for it, and then you will know all the changes."

1) TGC only gave us the source code because before it was even released there was much debate about whether the users should have the option to program the backing of the engine in DBP or not. That was initially the idea of "scripting" for FPSC, not the scripting we have now. Yes, I was there when this was all discussed, I've been a DBP programmer for a long time now. They gave it to us because there were a lot of people who asked them for it, and TGC hasn't been known to disappoint their fans when so many of them are wanting something.

2) Keyword being "might"! They MIGHT release it around christmas.

3) People in the competition going on right now, namely ME, aren't going to be able to use that source until it's too late! That's assuming it's even released at christmas.

4) What if it was another one of those bugs that were buried in the DLLs they give us? DBP programmers would never know what got fixed if that was the case.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2007 12:01 Edited at: 8th Nov 2007 12:02
Let me get you a tissue...just because Lee doesn't do what you want when you want you get all upset.And it's not Lee's fault that you allegedly need to do something for a contest.I am sure there are others who are entering without altering the source code.I really wish you'd quit posting about the source code over and over...if they aren't done with the update for x9 they are not going to release it whether you want them to or not.

Edit: The last few updates include documentation about changes made to FPSC.You might look at that and see if you can see what was altered.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2007 12:15 Edited at: 8th Nov 2007 12:21
Gee... yet another thoroughly misplaced assumption about me by Fred.

Look, this time I'm not here to ***** or whine about the source code not being released. My list was merely to state what it stated:

1) WHY they gave us the source code.
2) The fact that they MIGHT release a new one.
3) Christmas wouldn't be soon enough for someone who needs it fixed now.
4) Bugs fixed in the DLLs are not visible in the DBP source.

1) Not whining. Making a statement.
2) Not whining. Stating a fact.
3) Not whining. Clarifying WHY source modders might be ASKING for these sorta things and not waiting for the next release.
4) Not whining.

You, my friend, are the reason why I state that
Quote: "no body cares about us source users."

You've always said we whine about not getting the latest source code. How we ***** and moan about everything related to the source code. My feature creep thread was LOCKED because people were debating about it. What ever happened to "Air your thoughts here", huh? That's the description of the board! Yet, source coders aren't allowed to air their thoughts?

Posting about the source code "over and over" am I? How many threads have I made about it? Hm?! Let's see... there's the feature creep one... there's the "How to fix it?" thread... and uh... hmmm... you know if you can think of any more, then MAYBE you'd be right about that, but I honestly can't.

Honestly, I'm tired of being called a "whiner" whenever the words "source code" come out of my post! So drop it, ok?

If you don't like what I'm saying, go ahead and delete my post, but don't lock this thread... I'd really like it if Url got an answer to his question, if someone were to know it.

Oh, and those smileys you always put in your posts... don't make it any more friendly. Just a little more sarcastic sounding.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2007 14:09
Did you look into the documentation I posted about yet?In case you didn't know I want the source code as bad as you...possibly worse.
But posting about it over and over is a waste of time so I will reiterate (repeat) this again...
TGC will release the source code when they are ready and not before.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Wo Wo Wo, everybody, group hug, please.

Ok,

Quote: "The last few updates include documentation about changes made to FPSC.You might look at that and see if you can see what was altered"

Thank you Fred. That is where I found the answer!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:23:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:23:26