Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Ventilation Duct Lag

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2007 08:25
Yes, this has been asked before, and yes, I did search for it. The best I found was to enclose the ventilation duct with walls. I did that, and the lag hasn't altered at all.

The ventilation ducts and the rooms just BEFORE i get to the ventilation ducts have a ton of lag! There are barely any entities in the rooms, and the FPS drops dramatically!

If anyone's heard of another solution to the vent lag problem, please let me know. I bet if there is another answer out there, it's probably inside a thread that wasn't named correctly to help in searching.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
did you fully enclose the vent? you can use the wireframe view to see what polygons are being rendered that shouldnt be in order to block them off more effectively, only other thing is to move them vents have known issues when not used carfully.

Thanks
Adam
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2007 12:00
I kinda reduced the lag to the point where it is barely noticeable. It only dropped to around 27 fps in some spots.

I had a deadend vent that was aiming out into oblivion... and even though it was fully encased, moving that segment made it all a bit better.

Thanks for the reply, Storm 6000.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2007 20:36
I had that problem to before and did the same thing as you and the lag dissapeared.
And Plystire, I think you should change that sign, because its to much rascism in it I think. Hitler making the "sign" that is still being used by NewNazists shouldnt be used in the fantastic world of gamecreating
Sorry for my little speech but before an angry mod will eat you up

Visit our new website! www.bigvikinggames.tk !New Forum is up!
New website for Silent Depths. www.freewebs.com/silent-depths
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I think you should change that sign"
I think its clever besides it doesnt suggest anything really, just my piece.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2007 03:42
Is that why we still have games about WWII, BVG? We only want to look at our side of the story? How the heroic Americans destroyed the ultimate evil, the German Nazis? What if someone were to make a game where you play as a Nazi soldier and had to fend off American troops? Would that be too racist? To say that the Americans are the target in a videogame? What happened to freedom of speech, the ability to speak your mind and see things the way you want to see them without anyone impeding upon your own pursuit of happiness?

And btw, my sig is a pun, I'm getting at how people who are wanting to do things with the source code are practically being seen by everyone as Nazis or "whiners" that won't shut up about their own ideals. It's not like I'm gonna go enslave a bunch of mods, make them wear a "TGC" badge on their shoulders, and torture them until everyone sees things my way. Geez

Back on track, the problem has been solved, somebody can lock this down if they want to.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 14th Nov 2007 15:29
Quote: "It's not like I'm gonna go enslave a bunch of mods, make them wear a "TGC" badge on their shoulders, and torture them until everyone sees things my way. Geez"

Darn. That would have been cool.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2007 17:59
There is people that understand you and people that doesnt understand.
I am one of those who understand but some people just take everything the wrong way.
Do what you feel, I dont really care.

Visit our new website! www.bigvikinggames.tk !New Forum is up!
New website for Silent Depths. www.freewebs.com/silent-depths
Leander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2007 20:06
I also find Plystire's signature inappropriate.
An example: a "Let's celebrate the source code" with an image of the WTC's Twin Towers being hit by the planes isn't acceptable either.

Back to the question: make sure the vent duct has rooms with closing walls under it. Also, do not use vent duct-doors without an actual vent duct behind it. If you do the room will lag. The vent duct should have beginning and ending both on its main layer and the layer below. You can't use a fake door with nothing behind it. Or with an open room or open corridor behind it...it will terribly lag.

coming soon...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 05:23:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 05:23:47