Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Thank You for a Great Product

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just purchased FPS Creator and can only begin to tell you how pleased I am. This is one fantastic game development product that will finally enable me to make a game the way I've always wanted to. The ease with which you can create a functional game with FPS Creator is astounding. I am also looking forward to purchasing FPS Creator X10 as soon as I can get my development system specs up to par.

Thank you to The Game Creators.

Corky
User Banned
Posted: 16th Nov 2007 21:42
Ahh, I see you have not had the bugs yet. Im j/k I am also very pleased with this product, I didn't just get it though. One bit of advice, practice practice and practice, before you post a game or something. That is unless your just a Super Kicking 839 degree spinning ninja!!

Have Fun with it
Corky

tomjscott
Years of Service
User Offline
I may have spoken too soon. While I think the FPS Creator program is awesome to work with, and easy to use, and very powerful, I've now learned how horrible it performs. With just a medium sized area and a few monsters and obstacles, it is brought to its knees. I'm very disappointed with that and now don't see how I can use it for anything at all unless the performance is vastly improved.
moogle man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2007 08:38
Yup thats what evrybody else says, although its not really for comertial games its more for the fun of it, or to give the games to your friends. u may make a little money out of it but as i said its mostly for fun.

the wombat watches you all
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
sure but there are ways round it why dont you click on my signiture and have a read of nikkydudes guide if you havent already. Its alot down to level design and things can be improved greatly by spawning AI on the fly.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 30th Nov 2007 15:44
Quote: "I may have spoken too soon."

As usual, the problem is with expectation as much as with performance. FPSC can be used and worked to make a decent game with a playable frame rate, but it takes some time, practice, and learning about the strengths and weaknesses of the engine.

A very simple drag-and-drop engine will make a very simple game. If you want more, you'll have to push the engine and learn how to make it perform. It's not easy, but it can, and has been done.

It's almost impossible to not have those dollar signs in your eyes when you read the advertising for FPSC. Even though we know that what we're thinking about, as opposed to what we're actually reading, is too good to be true. I can assure you that all of the claims made are true, and the engine will do everything you've read. How well it does those things is up to you.

With that in mind, we know that it's not the engine of choice for the game developers of today, which explains it's price tag. What you've got is a great learning tool, a lot of hours of enjoyment/frustration (whichever gets you off) and a chance to make a viable game title with a lot of time and hard work.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2007 16:36
My sugesstion is to update FPSC to 1.07. I think 1.07 support more enemies than before.
And I think FPSC is wonderfull, you can create fantastic games with it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 07:23:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 07:23:39