Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Dynamic Lights acting as Static Lights in final build

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2007 07:38
I think the title says most of what's wrong.

Yes, I'm using the source. Yeah, I'd kinda like to know how they fixed it.

No, it's not my mod that caused it to mess up. I recompiled the source code provided for download, and it's still giving me the same issue.

I looked into the latest update's documentation for a possible fix, and I found this line in there:

* Fixed bug causing all dynamic light indexes to be lost when saved out to .LGT universe file (flickering lights work in final EXE)

That was in the list under "V1.0.4 RC8"

Well, the same problem happens with the original executable that came with FPSC, V1.0

Yeah, I feel kidna stupid not understanding exactly what the note in the documentation of fixes means or how to go about doing what they did to the source.

Does anyone who had a hand in creating the source even read threads on this board? If they do, maybe you can help me out and clue me in on what exactly got fixed to squish this bug? Please?

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2007 07:52
Found something in the Bug Reports board from a while back:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=94508&b=28

Apparently no body responded... he was using V104RC2 so apparently this got fixed in the version change I noted above?

Does anyone know what they did to the dynamic light indexes to keep them from being lost?

Please, someone help a guy out here... this is imperative to my game, since most everything I've done in my game has to do with interacting with LIGHTS!

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2007 08:50
I guess I should take this as a "don't know, don't care" sorta situation.

And I suppose it was my own fault for getting my hopes up that someone who knew an answer even looked in these boards.

Oh well...

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
Dude, I'd rather be declared a dbpro noob than an fpsc legend any day!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2007 11:30
Maybe nobody knows the answer or it's your personality or the expectation that you seem to have that you post a bug report in the wrong forum and in disguise (but it is still a bug report).
On top of that if you are using v1.0 that is your problem.TGC has released mseveral updates and if you aren't going to use one then you're probably on your own to diagnose a v1.0 problem.
I suppose you already e-mailed Lee and Customer Service about this?

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2007 11:39
FYI, I posted this here because if it were posted int he Bug Reports board, it would obviously be locked down due to the fact that I'm using an outdated version of FPSC. I do not consider this a bug report, but more of a post asking for assistance to resolve a previously known bug. Since I already know it's a bug and have found that it is not only I who has this issue, and that it has been resolved already, it couldn't be a report.

I do, however, consider your post to be an insult to my personality... in disguise.

Please lock this thread, obviously no body here knows the answer.

The one and only,
~pLYSTIRe~

Urlforce:
Dude, I'd rather be declared a dbpro noob than an fpsc legend any day!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 07:29:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 07:29:09