Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Sweet, sweet surrender - sweet, sweet vaporware

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2007 21:44 Edited at: 17th Nov 2007 21:52
Quote: "This is just the latest of several occassions where you get people all excited and...nothing.Please stop doing this to our forum members."

Poor, poor forum members...
I also think that it is a pity that dimoxinil never released a demo of their announced products
But the FPSC forums are full of unfinished products, experiments, unpublished model packs, screenshots of soon-to-be-released games etc.

Do you really care if you can buy a FPSC-game?
Are you a developer or a gamer? Or both?

Don't convict somebody of an unfinished product.
Does anybody remember laughter, or Dukem Nukem, or red|MIST?
Do you really blame them for showing you where the sky is the limit?

If you wanna buy and play an AAA-shooter, spend some bucks on Crysis, Bioshock etc. but if you wanna get inspired what YOU can do with FPSC, then search the forums:
- for ideas
- for unfinished or non-commercial games.

Make a game that looks better than the screenshots from E.L.E...

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2007 21:48
@Zilla: Good point

You never know guys, Demon Sun could be vapourware.... (JOKE!! DON'T PANIC!!)

Zilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2007 22:03 Edited at: 17th Nov 2007 22:11
I bought a new laptop because TGC announced FPSC X10 to be released in April 2007... (FPSC X10 is nominated for the Vaporware Awards 2008)

Just kidding because I still think that FPSC is the best 3D-Engine money can buy. Everything I know about creating 3D-games I learned from users and developers in these forums.

Thank you for the music

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2007 23:16
Well said.

[center]
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2007 01:03 Edited at: 18th Nov 2007 01:04
Okay...thanks for starting a thread about something that I assumed was done and overwith.And don't quote me out of context.
Let me try to explain slowly this time.Maybe everybody will understand (since this is only the fourth or fifth time I have addressed this problem).
You are comparing two different things.Joe Smith the forum member who may or may not ever make a game and then there are a few who can really call themselves pro.Unfortunately professional quality work does not equal a professional quality business relationship or professionality in delivering the goods.
Repeated attempts to post about vaporware will not be tolerated.Another thing I will point out is if you have an issue with the way the mods handle things around here please e-mail a mod instead of starting threads like this.
I will point out that what I do I do for the TGC community and its welfare as a whole and that is my job.

Please have mercy and use the search function.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 07:30:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 07:30:18