Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / 2d Sprites from a bitmap- and animation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, I saw the tutorial built in about how to grab images from a bitmap, use them as sprites and animate it..

I have a black background with a full animation set all on one picture just like the animation example..
but I realise, it just does it for me, it never really explained to me HOW to do this.

so I have an image in photo shop, with 12 animation frames for a walking person, how do I go about this?
warzog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2003 09:20
As my characters use 10 frames per animation, with 8 different angles, and a still frame for each angle, I've created an image that is 10 frames wide, and nine frames deep.
The command is: "create animated sprite 1, "aws.png", 10, 9, 1"
where "Aws.png" is the file's name.
the 10=number of frames horizontially,
and 9=the number of frames vertically
The animation plays from upper left corner to upper right corner, and then proceeds left to right as it goes vertically down the image.

You can animate in two ways...
1)Use the "Play Sprite Sprite#, Start Frame, End Frame, Delay Value" command.
2)Make a subroutine to time out the frames, and to use the "Set Sprite Frame Horizontal#, Vertical#" command.

I personnally use the 2nd method as it allows me to synchronize the sounds to the animation.
If I did this right, here's what MY character looks like:

Her name is Alana, as is the the game's.
MIsfit410
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks so much, I had a working animation from the tutorial, but I wanted to know exactly HOW I got that animation..

warzog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2003 18:10
When you get into more complicated animations, it DOES help to know how it's done!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:38:16
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:38:16