Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / subsurfed models????

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2007 22:53
hi, i have been modeling and well ive bin wondering can you use subsurf as can fps creator take subsurf and smoothing.
As i look at people models and think how could they have done that without using sumthing
espeacially in blender it woulkd be virtualy impossible for me too get all the faces lined up perfect and i would need to subdivide them loads of times as it would be even harder just with 4sides.
Iv been wondering as with one character model sum one sed that they are useless with subsurfing and so much subdividing.???
But things would look rubbish and squary without it???
So can you use these functions and to put them into fpsc with out effect to the frame rate???

james
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2007 23:23 Edited at: 17th Nov 2007 23:25
I don't think so. Subsurfing is a really complicated process that means the poly count goes through the roof (I think) and high poly count= low framerate.

Here's a video of how complicated it can be:
Siggraph - Face Modelling

I've only seen subsurfing done in Blender so far, so maybe DirectX models don't support it.

Please don't blame me if all of that was completely wrong ^^

[center]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 07:22:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 07:22:58