Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Zombies rising from the ground

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 01:27
Is it possible to have them come up through a floor some how?

fpsc game KillTV update 22Oct.http://www.avantivita.com/killtv.html
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
don't think so because theres no way to make them run through walls either that i can see

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 16:06 Edited at: 20th Nov 2007 19:58
fallen one

It is possible but for the method I would use you would have to have a copy of my model Pack (model pack 8) and the soon to be available 'Bonus Egypt Pack'.

To acheive the effect you want I would place the zombie character on an invisible Lift Panel (in Bonus Pack) on the sub ground level and then place directly above him on the ground level he should rise from, one of my floor trap entity segments (from model pack 8)which you can retexture with your ground texture.
I would also place an invisible floor segment on the next level above in order to stop the lift panel at the ground hight.

By using this method the invisible lift panel will stay at ground hight and block the trap floor so you will not fall through it plus you can adjust the 'speed' of the lft panel in it's 'FPE' file.

You would also need to somehow 'trigger' the lift panel when needed.

The only problem with this is that I'm not sure if the zombie will stay or walk off a lift panel.

I hope this has helped but maybe it won't work at all.
Just an idea thats all.

All the best

EDIT.....Sorry, I just tried this method and it dosen't work.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 18:47 Edited at: 19th Nov 2007 18:48
If you spawn him with a trigger zone he should rise from the ground anyway.

Best s4
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 22:05
Quote: "If you spawn him with a trigger zone he should rise from the ground anyway."

...this is quite true.

If you're wanting something a little more dramatic (ala lifting itself out of a grave, for instance), sould be possible to animate the zombie starting below the 0,0 axis and rising up to it.

Own It, Or Get Owned...
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 06:27
to make it have a good effect you could use the example of the HL2 zombie that lies on its stomach then rises when you get near. Place a zombie like that (only animated getting off its back instead of front) then place a model of a mound of dirt big enough for it to cover the zombie, and haveing no collision. This way the zombie can rise from a mound. For an even better effect you can create a floor panel that is lower than the normal floorpanels to place the zombie on. This way the mound doesnt have to be so high.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 07:30:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 07:30:52