Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / character lighting.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 04:05
The characters I put in the game do not have lighting/shadow, they are fully bright lit, as if ambient lighting for characters is 100%, is there a setting for how much a character is lit as its full on, game lighting is not affecting them, they are totally lit to the max, I dont want that, Id like the light of the game to set the lighting of the characters.

fpsc game KillTV update 22Oct.http://www.avantivita.com/killtv.html
Fruitless CRUNK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 23:36
Ok I think that you mean the caractors will give a shadow. Thats not posable.

If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, quite.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 23:45
Do you think you made enough threads? Try putting all of your problems into one thread.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 23:52
He did and it got locked http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=118216&b=21

"he is coming!..." - WIP in 'Showcase'
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 00:01
That was because the thread was not topical but a general rant about issues with FPSC. Thats OK but the points about issues that everyone is aware of was made.

Bug reports belong in the Appropriate forum and no doubt thats where these will end up unless they too deteriorate into a general rant in which case they will be locked too.

Please keep them on topic and as suggested keep them in one thread and fallen one may get the help he needs.

I do hope so.

Thank you.

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say Now?"
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 00:51 Edited at: 20th Nov 2007 00:57
Quote: "Ok I think that you mean the caractors will give a shadow. Thats not posable."

no dont mean that. I mean they are not affected by the games lighting, could be issues with 1.07, what I mean is a charcater walks under a shadow area, ie a dark place in the map, he should get darker right, well it doesnt. Same goes for the gun.

Quote: "Thats OK but the points about issues that everyone is aware of was made."

Not everyone, they should be a sticky if that the case, list them in a thread with a notice, this is busted, dont try and fix, its in the engine, perhaps the next release will fix some of them,

they are issues that stop the game from working, not small flaws, its important to me, im trying to get something out of the engine. It saves me time if I know what is just not working and then I can work around it, if lighting doesnt work, then I make a game without it, if characters get stuck in the floor over and over, I know its too busted and to pass the engine, what ever is busted I need to know about it, so it is important.

fpsc game KillTV update 22Oct.http://www.avantivita.com/killtv.html
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 04:06
The problem is that you don't have dynamic lighting on.

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 08:22
...and you need to have shaders on for them to be affected.

[center]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 07:21:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 07:21:24