Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Fallen Ones FPSC errors

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 22:04
Monsters stuck in the floor, they walk and don't move forward, tried page up didn't work, also tried going up a segment and having them drop down, sometimes works, but other times they are in the air bouncing up and down.

Lights not changing, you put lights in, move them around or delete them, don't matter, its stuck with what you first did.

Lights on characters, sometimes they are black, level lighting doesn't always work on them, they have there own illumination, stick no lighting in and they will be lit with ambient lighting different to what the level lighting is.Fog has no effect on them, they are not lit to what the fog is in the level.

Ambient lighting is not maxed out, see the image, we have some brick segments, then I stuck in some pure white segments, see how grey they are, see the white square, that's true white, that's the colour they are supposed to be.

Then we have AI, some times they work, sometimes they do not.

Clipping problems, guns and characters clip walls badly.

I've seen it slow to nothing spawning 8 characters on a mid range computer that had no problem running quake 4. Other times it may run them, other times not.

This is just a few things I have seen the last few days I've finally picked up fpsc and tried it, Ima sure I could pick up lots more errors, I'm quickly deciding that fpsc may be busted and just not fit for making games at all, these errors.

This doesn't bode well for dx10 because I see dx9 running so so badly, I'm not sure that dx10 will be anything better than dx9, especially how in its marketing one of its major selling points is water, wow water, can TGC do a shot of the engine without water and bloom maxed up to ridiculous levels, is dx10 the same bugged out program only with a few post effects and shaders.

I'm really wondering if a game can be made in dx9 as I'm having so many problems just running the most basic of procedures with it. If I don't see answers to it, I really think that dx10 should be free for dx9 owners, as dx9 is just busted.

fpsc game KillTV update 22Oct.http://www.avantivita.com/killtv.html
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 22:23
Everyone is aware of the game making capabilities of FPSC. The issues and the good points and yes there are many. They of course do not compensate for any bad points which interfere with users making successful completed games.

TGC are well aware of the current standing of FPSC and what users are finding it capable of producing and what concerns users have.

FPSC at the moment is what it is. We must use it as is or not as is. What it may or may not develop further to become we know not for the future is uncertain.

As to the big brother looming on the horizon the same applies time will reveal what it is capable of producing and what concerns if any users will unveil for the developers TGC to consider. Without doubt there will be some.

That is the situation here and now and we can do nothing but wait if we want to know what the future holds in store for the FPSC product range and what end users will or can do with it.

Indie game makers always seem to be waiting for something better dont they perhaps with some good reason.

Whatever, it seems we shall have to wait somewhat longer.

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say Now?"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 07:22:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 07:22:31