Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Lighting issues

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 23:13
Note an using 1.07

Lights not changing, you put lights in, move them around or delete them, don't matter, its stuck with what you first did.

Lights on characters, sometimes they are black, level lighting doesn't always work on them, they have there own illumination, stick no lighting in and they will be lit with ambient lighting different to what the level lighting is.Fog has no effect on them, they are not lit to what the fog is in the level.

Ambient lighting is not maxed out, see the image,

We have some brick segments, then I stuck in some pure white segments to check the ambient settings, they are
100 brightness
255 red,green and blue.
See how grey they are, see the white square I put in PS on the image, that's true white, that's the colour they are supposed to be.

fpsc game KillTV update 22Oct.http://www.avantivita.com/killtv.html
Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
Reinstall I think thats the only way. Lets hope that abusing admin doesn't delete you post!

hey
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2007 03:08
What I did is delete a load of iles it copies to a temp directory, I think it was storing the settings there, so deleting them re sets it. Its a bit sensitive, it doesnt like me making changes and then changing lighting, I think its the 1.07 thing, as it stores the lights so you dont have to rebuild every time, only it stores them a little too well, and keeps the old settings.

fpsc game KillTV update 22Oct.http://www.avantivita.com/killtv.html
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
In the latest upgrades fpsc uses the old light maps to save test build time,only redoes these if you add or move segments or static entities around.
You can get around this by placing a single floor segment somewhere in the map forcing the lighting to be recalculated.Just delete the segment for next test and add for following test till your happy with your lighting then remove single segment completely.

Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
On this forum u lock topics not delete Unless it does something bad.
I was asking a simple question and ur answer is wrong!

hey
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Goodman84
What are you talking about and who are you talking to?

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2007 06:34
Quote: "I was asking a simple question and ur answer is wrong!"

Hahahahaha!

Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry I thought fallen one was talking to me ya that came out weird.

hey

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 07:23:23
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 07:23:23