Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / The smart way to fill your map with enemies

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 17:48
I want to make a last man standing map.
the player roams around the map killing enemies, the level will have a steady flow of enemies, so dead enemies will be replaced, game over is when a certain amount of enemies has been killed.

If I am spawning enemies, I dont want to see them being spawned, ie coming to life or apearing out of the air.

I also want the game to run at maxium frames, I dont want it chugging at 20 frames and below, I want to keep the game running. Im not sure if enemies will run around the map looking for you as Im not sure if that will slow it down, I want this to be playable, the game has no objectives other than run around a small map and kill the bad guys, not kill them and they are gone, no, their is always the same amount, or near enough of bad guys to shoot.

What is the best way to do this, I want to have this be playable, so I ask your advice on how we can keep the map with enemies, but keep the frames so the game can be played.

fpsc game KillTV update 22Oct.http://www.avantivita.com/killtv.html
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Look into uman's Load and unload entities on the fly,it uses distance from player to work, as long as you have plenty of cover using walls etc it should be possible to create what you want.
It's stickied at the top of the script board.

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 20:26
or just a normal destroyandactivate script will do, so long as there's... again... plenty of cover available for enemies to respawn behind.

[center]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 07:27:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 07:27:17