Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Instalation Trouble Shooting

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I installed Dark GDK today and the instalation worked fine. I goofed up the instalation the first time and installed:
Visual C++
Dark GDK
DirectX 9.0 Augest 2007 SDK

I tried to do a game and in the output it shows this:

c:\program files\the game creators\dark gdk\include\darksdkcamera.h(16) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Parent\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Dark GDK - Game4\Dark GDK - Game4\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
Dark GDK - Game4 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I uninstalled Dark GDK and Direct X and reinstalled them in the right order but it still says the same thing!

Has anyone had this problem yet???
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2007 09:45
Cooldude, normally the installation will try and integrate into VC++ 2008 but there are some reasons why this may not happen. On a clean install you need to do the following:

* Install VC++ 2008 Express
* Install DirectX 9.0c August 2007 SDK
* Run VC++ 2008 Express - this allows the compiler to perform some initial set up
* Now install Dark GDK

Doing it in a different order may cause some issues. However, they are easily solved. Check the Start Menu and look for The Game Creators and check for the Dark GDK listing. In here you will see a collection of links to tutorials etc. Look for the Installation Guide. This will explain how to solve the problem you have with the compiler not knowing where the DX SDK header files are.
Cooldude
Years of Service
User Offline
I've already did the stuff the installation guide told me to do.

Cooldude
Years of Service
User Offline
I fixed it Now

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 05:32:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 05:32:18