Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / random spawn locations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2007 18:53 Edited at: 21st Nov 2007 19:15
I perhaps should change the title to
random spawn locations
But TGC forums dont allow title changes.
mods please change if you can.

One answer I can to was using a teleport.

Have the teleporter teleport to a random place, by default it can exit to 1 exit, id like to have it exit to a random teleport out. So I can put many exits (teleport out) in the map, have the player or enemy whatever go into the teleport and exit at any of the exits teleports I have put in the map.

How can this be done?

What Im trying to do is spawn monsters over a teleport and have them exit at random places on the map, that way one doesnt know where one may find monsters, this way I can control with a spawn how many monsters are in the level at once in the spawn properties, and have them be in any place in the map.

In a nut shell I want to spawn enemies, control the total number in the map, and have them spawn in random places in the map, but not spawn if the player is looking at them, using a teleport is what Ive come up with, but perhaps there is a better way?

Perhaps one could have a spawn set to, spawn random time, thats OK, check total number of enemies in level, if this number, end script. If not above total number of enemies in script check to see if player within zone, if in zone go back to spawn at random time. Perhaps is possible, would need a custom script. perhaps there is a cheat way that is more simple.

Basically this is what other games do in multiplayer, they randomly spawn enemies from spawn points but within keeping to a set number of enemies that is decided. Only I want this in singleplayer

fpsc game KillTV update 22Oct.http://www.avantivita.com/killtv.html
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2007 00:04
Done

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say Now?"
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2007 00:14
Thanks Uman.

What this problem helps with is if you have a fpsc level, and its best to have small ones with fpsc to kep it running and loading well, we either have to have the player looping back on themselves, ie re useing the level only from different vantage points, or have the player roaming the level, re visiting and shooting as they go, so this is the latter, it gives a kind of death match type game.

Thats why Im looking to look into this spawning idea.

fpsc game KillTV update 22Oct.http://www.avantivita.com/killtv.html
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
if spawning was completely random then an enemy by may just appear in front of your eye which wouldnt look good you would be better rigging it using trigger zones and scripts.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2007 12:33
If random spawning were permitted you would simply add a bit for no spawn within a certain distance and no spawn when it is a certain distance away from the player.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 07:26:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 07:26:55