Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Lighter/Lantern effect?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Since flashlights can't be done in FPSC, I have an idea of how to make a lighter effect, but I'm a noob, and don't know how to do it entirely, so I'm asking you for help
Weapons are making a glowing effect when you fire them, wich lighten the room around you. So, my idea is to use a rapid-fire weapon(a machinegun for example) and somehow to disable the HUD model, so when you are holding the weapon, you don't see it, and if you fire it, you only see the glowing effect around you(similar to a lighter or a lantern).
Now another problem are the decals on the walls/floor/ceiling that appear while you fire the "invisible weapon", so they must be turned off also, but I don't know how
Finally, the glow effect range is way too big so I need to know how to shorten it.

If anyone knows how can these few things be done, please answer me, and make this poor little noob happy
Thanks in advance!!!
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2007 11:37 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2007 11:37
the glow effect could not be changed without ther source code and if this was rigged up you would have to hold the mouse button to keep the light it could also cause lag. Though on second through you have to hold the gas button on some lighters so thats kinda cool would just have to be done as a custom weapon but I don't know if you could make the fire rate high enough to make it convincing. Anyone else got any comments?

CaKalOh!
Years of Service
User Offline
But what about the decalls on the walls(bullet holes)? Can they be turned off? It would be kinda weird to go around with a lighter and make bullet holes on the walls

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 07:27:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 07:27:01