Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Rubix Cubix

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2002 19:59

Do you love puzzle games? Do you enjoy beating your high score over and over again? So don't I - thats why I created this excessively addictive puzzle game. Don't be fooled by the screenshots into thinking this as a clone, there is only one similarity - ADDICTION to playing it!

The file size has been dramitically reduced to 1.6megs from 7.2megs! Feel free to download it - now includes high score table, rotations work perfectly. Many, many more improvements! If anyone comes across any odd errors or bugs please let me know.

Please checkout [url]www.darksoft.net/rubixcubix.htm[/url] for updates and more screenshots.

Download the demo here: [url]www.darksoft.net/rubixcubix.zip[/url]
TH -Darksoft.net
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2002 02:04
looks like a coll game (from the screenshot), think i'll try it out. but i don't really like puzzle games that much...
Darksoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 22:13

Here is a new screenshot of Rubix Cubix in its current state. I've added a lot of improvements to the game as seen here http://www.darksoft.net/rubixcubix2.htm

You can view the home page of Rubix Cubix here: http://www.darksoft.net/rubixcubix.htm

Or just download the demo here: http://www.darksoft.net/rubixcubix.zip

Please let me know what you all think!

TH -Darksoft.net
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 03:03
aww... this has nothing to do with the TV show
but looks great

i'll download in a sec

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Darksoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 17:45
What show? Theres a 'Rubix Cubix' show? Or do you mean 'Cubix'? I've been improving this game for a couple months now. Let me know what you think, I appreciate any feedback or suggestions from everyone and anyone.

Thank you!

TH -Darksoft.net
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 21:25
hehe i ment Cubix (^_^) new season soon, but its on at the sametime as DBGT so somehow i think i won't see it until the reruns

downloaded this last nite but not had the time to play i'll let you know as soon as, but i remember you did some other demo like this a while back when pro was first released and which was pretty cool - so i'm going in with high expectations

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Darksoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 21:36
Unfortunately, I've gone to far into development to convert it to DBP. Most of my 3d characters (text) models won't load in DBP. So this is still in DBV1. I almost have it fitting on a 1.44mb disk. I have given myself until the end of the month to release the full version, so if you enjoy it so far, you may want to check it out at the beginning of next month. I changed the control quite a bit since the last demo, so feedback - good or bad - is definately welcome.

TH -Darksoft.net
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 01:39
exit has a little bug, or atleast on my keyboard - i tryed Y, N, y, n, enter, escape - nothing would quit

apart from that and a minor slowdown per level (no doubt cause of the extra blocks ... that was a cool game and could be very addictive

set it up to run in be allowed to run in window mode it'll perform better

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 05:19
Lol I wont DL it sorry- but I know id drive myself crazy and waste away infront of the screen trying to solve the rubics cube (^_^) We got a Homer Simpons Head rubix cube for christmas- I was goin nuts trying to fix that- HOMER NOOOOOOOO!!!! Ended up just breaking LOL- theres one way to fix it Only thing is- with a program you cant just take off the stickers like with the real ones LOL Im so cheap (^_^)

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 08:33
i used to pull of the little stickers and restick them on the right sides ... my mom would still beat me doing it normally

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 13:15
I've figured out a way to break a rubex cube and reasemble it with corect colors. It doesn't look like I cheated, unlike the sticker methiod.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Darksoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 19:24
Raven, I appreciate your input. I agree there is some slowdown on some machines, unfortunately I'm stupid and I don't have a cheap pc to test the speed on. The only thing I've done to simulate a slow pc is change the sync to 10 or so. As for the window mode, your absolutely right! If you hit enter on 'QUIT' from the main menu (hit esc) an ugly 'Are you sure you want to exit' pops up over the menu. Hit 'Y' key to exit at this point. It then fades out and 'end' is encountered in code. But sometimes the exe doesn't seem to want to come out of the game, perhaps its cuz the music is still playing or something. Anyway, the next release, will fix a lot of the current oddities, add a window mode, and speed up the game. So I'll keep you guys informed.

As for you guys talking about a rubiks cube, this game is not setup the same way. The cubes are 1 color each not colored on each side. So its easier than a rubiks cube.

TH -Darksoft.net
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 20:17
i can't seem to get the horizontal motions ... there some trick do doing that? i can only move vertically - most disconserting

Darksoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 21:19
Actually, the horizontal rotations are disabled in the demo version. It is coded, but disabled, its enabled in the full-version.

TH -Darksoft.net
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 03:14
great! ...

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 22:43
Darksoft I love your avatar- I didnt know there was any other people around here that have ever played SoM. Best real time rpg ever IMHO.

I broke homers head (by accident- cheap puzzle ) but when I tried to put it back together it wouldnt work You could hack this cube!!! LOL!!

Again- looks awesome!

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 00:39
I saw that, only got 8 sides right not like the regualer 26 rubiz cube? It looks too easy.

Darksoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 20:36
RPGamer: SOM is my fav RPG of all time. I love the story and the fighting system is the best.

Arrow: Are you asking about Rubix Cubix? Level one has 27 blocks (3x3x3), other levels contain either 3x3x3,4x4x4,
5x5x5 or 6x6x6. So yes, sometimes its a bit easy, but the further you get the more colors you need lined up or you just wont' get enough points to get to the next level. You also need to work on getting multipliers so that your points are worth more. Later on there are added colors and the center blocks are taken out (so you can't link across). There are other obstacles the further you get including a snow storm, rain storm, lightning, wild blocks, broken blocks, bomb blocks etc. Right now the snow, rain etc are not implemented, but I plan to have them completed by the end of next week. Thanks all!

TH -Darksoft.net
Darksoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 20:50
The next compilation MSCW0057-MSCW007X will contain the following (plus other various fixes/improvements):

1. If you play on HARD you need to line up 5 (instead of 3 in EASY) in order to wipe them out, so it becomes a lot harder.

2. Rain is implemented (drops change the color of blocks they touch) This occurs during a rain storm, and during a lightning storm

3. Lightning is implemented (if lightning touches a block the block is 'broken' and cannot be used until the user uses a bomb block to wipe it out

4. Snow is implemented if snow touches a block the block will freeze for a specified amount of time (it cannot be used in combos)

5. A SkatterMissle will be implemented where the user can shoot a missle into the cube (3x3x3 or whatever) in which takes away a certain amount of points from your score but it re-randomizes all the blocks (in case you cannot make a wipe)

6. Each Music midi will be at least 4 minutes in length so that it doesn't interrupt play everytime it loops (no more looping)

7. More SFX will be added for the new additions

8. Various Menu improvements / fixes will be implemented

9. Bomb Blocks will be added
Type 1: Color Bombs take away all of one color
Type 2: Proximity Bombs blow a chunk out of the cube

TH -Darksoft.net
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2003 20:36
No, darksoft, I was talking to RPGamer, anout the Homer's head puzzle.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 16:34:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 16:34:13