Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] The zoo model pack thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2007 14:24 Edited at: 25th Nov 2007 14:36
The zoo model pack thread

Hi ive decided to make a zoo model pack

-fps ready
-making
-not started

gorrila
zoo keeper
man in monkey costume
Monkey
monkey food
Fish tank
the kid

pics coming soon
and there will be more models soon

sorry if this is in the wrong thread

any suggestions are very welcome

james
Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
Shouldn't this be in the model section?

hey
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2007 15:39
Quote: "any suggestions are very welcome"

Stop using 'make human'.

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
yes it should

james hardy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2007 16:02 Edited at: 25th Nov 2007 16:04
no pic it would probly get locked

Update

Following sum posts from a few people iv decided not to give this pack away
and will cost £5-£7

But if people like it, and they be fair to me ill probly reduce that to being free so its upto really the forum

james
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Update:

Why don't you make it before you decide what it will cost

james hardy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2007 16:28 Edited at: 25th Nov 2007 16:31
thats what i am doing,
i just got abit annoyed of people as in other threads they only gave me critism that didnt go anywhere only got me annoyed and un supported claims and such...........and as i was going to offer them free they didnt even praise or give structered critsm

its made me think why should i even release any models why not keep them for my game.hmmmmmmmm
And it hasnt been done before a zoo pack so...,
its up to the furom basically what happens in this thread
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2007 19:07
yeh, nut the reason a zoo pack ain't been done before is cos no-one wants to do a zoo level.

trust me, if you made a "freaky critters and alien" pack at relatively high quality, you'd be selling it for sure.

Supply and Demand, my friend, there's no demand for a guy in a monkey costume.

james hardy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2007 19:10
guess not
i just thought it was good as games like manhunt and tony pro skater 4 had cool zoos
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2007 19:21
yes but FPSC can't handle characters who are just put in for the games background look. As far as I know, at most only 5 enemies can work at once, so you'll have 3 BG characters and 2 enemies working, but the rest will freeze.

Quote: "tony pro skater 4"

Yeh, but that's a skating game.

Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2007 20:00
I think some freaky gorillas and monkeys for a laboratory setting would receive a warm welcome.

Doctor Who
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2007 20:05
Hi James,

If there is one thing I've learned about games is that there is always a market for something not thought of before. I'm experimenting in one now and I don't know how many sales it will make but someone has to try.

Besides, I can imagine possibilities for zoos in an FPS game. Not everything has to be shot and not everyone wants to shoot monsters.

My advice, go ahead. If it sells, good for you. If not, you have a collection that you can use.

For the criticisms, this board seems to have a lot of people that like to criticize in a destructive way which is a shame. It can get discouraging. However, keep at it. With time, patience, practice, and conviction to get the job done, you will succeed in your endeavors.

The Doctor

I straddle the line between genius and insanity. Guess which side I'm on now?
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2007 20:07 Edited at: 25th Nov 2007 20:14
...hey, I'd like to see your zoo pack, james hardy.

Quote: "yes but FPSC can't handle characters who are just put in for the games background look. As far as I know, at most only 5 enemies can work at once, so you'll have 3 BG characters and 2 enemies working, but the rest will freeze."

It's true, someone who was very clever and talented could probably create animated decals that could mimic background characters.

Static characters become part of the map, so they could also be used with limited success for this purpose.

Most of the negative comments are due to just poor manners, others are a round-about-way of trying to get you to try using other means to create your models...to push you to improve.

Don't let any of these people get you down. We all start as noobs. How quickly some forget. You'll get better, Dude!

Having seen the postings in the past, I do not think that your models are quite retail ready. Honestly, they do need to improve if you wish anyone to purchase them.

Stay on course with your original plan of creating your zoo pack. Offer it for free, as intended. Let folks see your work. Once people get a feel for your work, by all means start charging!

Thanks,

Seth Black

Own It, Or Get Owned...
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2007 20:16 Edited at: 25th Nov 2007 20:17
Quote: "Most of the negative comments are due to just poor manners, others are a round-about-way of trying to get you to try using other means to create your models...to push you to improve."

My issue seems to be totally different.Mr.Hardy here has decided instead of taking the time to create and post media he would rather post useless threads like this one.He has been around long enough to know the rules and that we don't like vaporware.Mr. Hardy's issues with his inablility to coexist within the rules of the AUP and the forums do not start in this thread by any means.
If he has FPSC ready media to post then so be it.Any useless threads like these will be locked and/or deleted.

For the record you get no bonus points for trying to get around the rules of the models and media forum by posting this in the product chat forum.

Please have mercy and use the search function.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 07:26:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 07:26:47