Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Is it the same?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
is the fps rate in the trial version the same in the full version?

Remember games should stay games
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
its improved slightly if you download the lastet full version. But its mostly down to level design and a poor comp that causes poor fps.

EAST Programming
Years of Service
User Offline
okay but uh is the frame rate better in x10?

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 01:57
Still depends on design. x10 uses better graphics cards, so that will boost performance. But you're really comparing apples and oranges since you can only build in one platform or the other, not both. If you develop in parallel on different systems you'll still have to design your games differently.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 17:59
Quote: "But its mostly down to level design and a poor comp that causes poor fps."

While there have been some improvements to the engine via the upgrades FPSC is far from optimized and there are still some serious issues to do with the engine and the way it works that have nothing to do with the pc or graphics card you are using (although that may have a factor in it as well).
Until the engine is optimized and some of the kinks are worked out what you have is what you have...with an FPSC upgrade you can get speed improvements but that's no guarentee.
I due agree that that the level design can have an effect on framerate.Once again this is due to the way the FPSC engine runs as well.
I am sure that Lee and the rest of those at TGC are well aware of these issues and will strive to work on them at the earliest opportunity.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
EAST Programming
Years of Service
User Offline
okay

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2008 20:49
why is everybody speaking for Lee and Rick? unless they told you something themselves. its just i really want to hear what Rick and Lee actually say.

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 11:25:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 11:25:28