Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark GDK w/ C++ express and XNA Studio: Cohesive?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2007 23:27
I'm not too familiar with XNA or Visual Studio C++ Express but is it possible somehow to use the Dark GDK and VSC++ and the XNA studio to create Xbox arcade games?

Again, I'm a novice with programming and these software programs so please excuse my ignorance.

Thanks!

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2007 23:57
I believe the answer to that is no.

At the very least, DGDK is compiled to Intel machine code, while the XBox360 uses PowerPC - if you meant the original XBox, then that uses a very cut-down version of the OS, and doesn't run DX9.0c.

Utility plugins collection and
http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk for older plug-ins and example code
Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 00:41
yeah, that would be kinda impossible to do. XNA uses specific stuff for rendering on the 360, and if you tried to change it, it would probably give you errors.

DNDK - Dark Newton Development Kit. In progress.
A1 Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
This being said... Does anyone think that TGC will ever build an GDK, maybe similar to the Dark GDK on top of the XNA framework? ... which would in turn allow us to create games for Windows, and the xbox 360.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 05:21:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 05:21:58