Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I am about to give up

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 04:45 Edited at: 27th Nov 2007 05:10
OK I did a search for white model and no texture I have some segments that appear white I have v103 running on a dell optiplex,1GB Ram, Nvidia gefore3, e-mu0404 sound card,p4 2.4Gz. I do not know if you needed my specs or not. I am having trouble with Negitive Image road pack.

I did a search Yes I got results back but they are not helpful at all. alot of what you guys are saying is "Dude you have really got to start using the search function".

"Try searching no texture there are 25 results if you spell no and texture correctly. If you search white models you will get one providing you spell white model properly".

That is a quote answer, the first answer given, from someone asking a question. The rest just read like some schematic. no real answer! I do not know alot about coding or 3d or making segments, or even what software to use to make segments. I am a musician just looking for something new to try. This program is great and I haveve done some cool things I thought I would not be able to. But to be honest I hate coming here and asking questions. But after a whole day of searching and reading uninformative posts and replys, Here I am again.

So minus the are you a complete idiot answers, because with this kind of stuff, game creation, I am. Can some one please help me? I have a bunch of questions but do not want the "do a search" answer. Even if someone can point me to a great set of threads or faqs.

1) I have some segments that are white no texture any thoughts.
2) Has a tutorial been released for the segment editor? I do not understand it.
3) I did get help with a glowing Health Pack, much thanks!! Is there a way to glow under a key? I can get it to float like a weapon but can not figure out the glow.
4)are there program suggestions for a complete noob on making ceiling and wall segments other than the fps segment creator?

That is just some of the questions I have. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I fixed the white segment problem. Thank you Google!!
DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 09:54
1) The Texture location is incorrect, still, if there is no texture in the editor, try to test the game, sometimes (at least for me) it will show up the texture in the built/test game, but not in the editor.

2) If i recall it correctly, the seg. editor already brings some movies teatching how it works, but i never used it, try to go with Signs.

3) I might be rong, since i don't touch FPSX9 for some time, but i'm shure you used a script for it, right? Use the same script on the key (the one that glows and NOT the 'main script' one).

4)'SignsIV' and 'Magic FPS', i do recommend boths.

Hope at least the last one helps you.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 10:38
Use the search Button!!!

(only kidding)

OK, I'm sorry if this is going to read like another schematic, but it is the answer to your questions... i think.

As Professor K said, if your texture path is wrong, the segment wont find the image.

When you create your segment you create an FPS (First Person Segment) file, which tells FPSC what walls your segment will use, and what textures to apply. Once you run that wall in FPSC, FPSC creates a BIN file from the data in the FPS, and uses that when it loads the segment (because it's faster than the FPS file). If you change data in the FPS file (say, correcting an erroneous texture path), but you do not delete the bin file, then although your data is correct, FPSC will still be loading the wrong data from the bin. I.e. you must delete the bin file after making changes to the FPS file.

Also, sometimes, even though you have deleted the Bin file ,and changed the FPS file, you may need to restart FPSC for the changes to take effect.

TO make a key glow...

you must navigate to the folder where the keys are located in the FPSC file structure, for WW2 keys, thats:
c:\program files\the game creators\FPS Creator\files\entitybank\ww2\items\

in there you will find a bunch of files suffixed with BLAHBLAH.FPE
this stands for First Person Entity. These files control how your entitys work, and can be opened with notepad.

if you open one (for example key_1.FPE)
you will notice the lines:
Quote: ";Decals
decalmax = 1
decal0 = glow"

this is the decal that the key will use. If you can make the key float already, just add the line:
Rundecal=5
to the key's script file. THis will run the glow decal below the key. If you want it to do a different decal, change the line
decal0=glow
to the name of a different decal in the decals bank- which can be found in:
c:\program files\the game creators\FPS Creator\files\gamecore\decals.

hope that helps buddy!

PS, I think there are tutorial videos for the TGC segment maker. CHeck the downloads page, I remember mine came with a bunch of tutorial videos.
Best
Butters

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 14:43 Edited at: 27th Nov 2007 15:59
uninstall reinstall and install v1.07

geeve420
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you so much!!! Got the texture issue fixed. I had dropped the texturebank folder in the wrong place. Thank you for getting me to the right place. I had read through the search about UV mapping, I knew that couldn't be right.

Thank you butter fingers,I will try the key tonight. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction with the coding. no not schematic at all. I do about computers, just not coding.

I'll look again at the download folder to see if I can locate the tutorials. I may have just overlooked them. I will try signs and Magic tonight as well.

Thank you so much!!!! I was so frustrated because I had done a search and was getting no where fast. It could be I don't know exactly what to search for, terms and the like. But you guys really helped me move forward. Thanks again. If any of you Storm, Butter, DJ need any help with music for your games, please let me know. I owe you one
Negative Image
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2007 16:26
I glad you got it fixed been out for a while (computer died). I would really like to see what you have done with the road pack if you don't mind post a screen!

Thanks

www.negative-image.biz
geeve420
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2007 21:17 Edited at: 29th Nov 2007 23:29
I'll get one out this weekend for ya negative image. I've got a busy next couple of days but Sunday I'll be all clear to get one up for ya. Still working on it though. I spent a long time creating a forrest maze for one level and finally, if you will "got out of the woods" I'll get ya one though,

Geeve

PS great work on the segments Negative by the way and thanks for the download.

Did you get my e-mail? I tried thru your site and from here, it was returned. Let me know Negative

A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. ~Leopold Stokowski

www.myspace.com/isaacswoodcockproject

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 07:29:12
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 07:29:12