Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Question about GUI.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm about to make the plunge to DarkSDK from DBPro. I have blue gui for DBPro. My question is does some one know if I can use Forms and the other gui widgets with DarkSDK? I've searched the forums for GUI in DarkSDK but have not found any information other then outdate post or an answer to my question.
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 16:50
Well DX comes with a custom GUI thing, just check the samples section.

"It's like floating a boat on a liquid that I don't know, but I'm quite happy to drink it if I'm thirsty enough" - Me being a good programmer but sucking at computers
Lourg
Years of Service
User Offline
so you are saying there are examples in the the sample section on how to add GUI widgets to your game.
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2007 17:43
Not in the DGDK samples, but the DX samples. Should be somewhere in Program Files\Microsoft DX SDK (August)

"It's like floating a boat on a liquid that I don't know, but I'm quite happy to drink it if I'm thirsty enough" - Me being a good programmer but sucking at computers
RPDan
Years of Service
User Offline
You can use Windows Forms. It doesn't work great for the main window, but is fine if you want to add extra windows that don't have to use DarkGDK e.g. a window with options for creating a new project. Also, DirectX does have a GUI for games, and it does look really good, but I've never tried to use it myself. It'd be great if someone did a GDK library for it.
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2007 02:33
I thought about converting the .NET version once, but I didn't force to get any progress.

I'll see if it can be converted to SlimDX for use with DGDK.NET. Or I'll continue working on LightUI as soon as I get some time available.

Again, like all my plugins, it will be only for .NET version, no plans on C++.

Best regards,
Thiago
Lourg
Years of Service
User Offline
Right now I have a fair amount of code for a game written in DBPro. I thought about switching over to Dark GDK to complete the game and then buy the commercial version. Though it looks like this could be more trouble then its worth. Thank you every one for your input on GUI for DGDK.
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2007 15:24
It may be a lot of trouble switching from using Blue GUI and DB Pro to GDK. It probably isn't worth it for your current project but in the future I'd suggest considering GDK. Can either use the regular version along with MFC or go for the .NET version. By doing this you will be able to get a much better, flexible GUI than what is possible with Blue GUI and DB Pro.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 05:24:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 05:24:20