Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / texture question, can I do this

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I created a room using Firma (Thanks DarkFoil) everything is great. Here is my dilema... I want to make just a wall of trees, a wall segment only using the texture I have on the bottom half. Firma only makes entity walls. I have placed in the screen shot the bottom half is the room segment and the top half is the large wall from the WW2. Basically I want to use the large wall and make a copy of it and change the texture to match the bottom part. I am stacking walls using layers. I tried a transparent floor, but it is not truley such. I tried a search and no luck, I browsed the pdf that Nicky Dude made (Very Awsome) but I can't seem to find an answer on a way to do this. Any help would be appreciated

Geeve

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Well Im afraid im rather confused by that... are you saying the tree layer is a segment or entities you have manually placed? I know nothing bout any segment creators except for the offical one, if you havent already why not download it from fpscreator.com. Then watch the tutorial videos that come with it and it will teach you how to make segments with it and then you can make a tree background segment if you wish.

geeve420
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2007 15:52 Edited at: 28th Nov 2007 15:53
Sorry for the horible wording. One to many last night The bottom half is a sement. the top half is from the WW2 segment scenery folder. I guess I'm trying to retexture the WW2 segment wall with the tree texture. I have downloaded the segment editor and watched some of the tutorials, I'm still real new and trying to learn, so I have to watch a couple of times to get what was going on. So I guess then the appropriate question is can I grab the wall from from FPSC folder make a copy of the files and use segment editor to apply the texture, then save, Without hurting the original WW2 wall? thanks again

Geeve

If so what files do I need to copy?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2007 17:09
If you are trying to make segments you should check out Signs.There are other applications that make segments as well.I mention Signs because it is my favorite and does so much more than make Signs.
I kind of still feel stupid about the segment editor...I never could get the thing to work but then I found Signs and I was a happy man.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
geeve420
Years of Service
User Offline
so far the fpsc segment editor has been real clumsy to use. I'll check out signs. I think I had that on a list of stuff to try out. that as well as fps magic. I'll give it a go. Thanks

Geeve
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2007 19:16
I've been happy with fps magic. I never got the segment editor to behave consistently. The downfall is that fps magic, and signs (I think) don't do irregular shaped segments. I'm trying to do convex and concave walls in a segment.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Troy Chambers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2007 00:11 Edited at: 1st Dec 2007 00:30
I would get MagicFPS, there's a link at the upper right hand corner of this page:

PHOENIX, an up-coming game by Troy Chambers & DOOMED STUDIOS

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 07:26:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 07:26:29