Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DirectX SDK November 2007 and "cannot open file 'dplayx.lib'"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2007 11:32
Hey, I'm very new to Dark GDK but the samples looks awesome! Thanks for the great work.

According to installation guide, DirectX 9.0c SDK from August 2007 is needed. But I have DirectX SDK Nov 07 which is newer.

When I try to follow "Hello world" tutorial in my VSE 2008, I got "1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'dplayx.lib'".

I don't want to rollback to DSDK Aug-07. What should I do?
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2007 12:59
Some changes have been made in the DirectX SDK November 2007 release which meant the multiplayer functionality in the GDK is affected. For now this means you will have to install the August 2007 SDK. You can still have both installed. Just make sure that the paths are set up correctly in your compiler so the August SDK has priority.
Simon Li
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2007 10:41
Thank you Mike!

Yes, I checked the DirectX SDK November 2007 release note and found the lib has been removed.

I don't know the 2 SDK can co-exist because the DSDK Nov-07 installation guide asks to remove previous version.

Anyway, I uninstalled DSDK Nov-07 and installed August SDK and everything look great!
tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2007 12:04
Quote: "I don't know the 2 SDK can co-exist because the DSDK Nov-07 installation guide asks to remove previous version."

Actually they are not supported to co-exist and you *should not* have both installed (it can bring a lot of troubles). What *is* possible is to obtain the libraries and headers only and place them somewhere to be accessible by the compiler, without installing the SDK itself, especially the MSVS integration part!

Anyway, I would like to know, whether it is planned to support newer versions of the SDK. Mike? We have to upgrade the SDK version sometimes and the November version is one of these cases. I suppose the GDK would be able to run with different versions of DX SDK if it wasn't of the missing dplayx.lib file, right? It is quite problematic to keep older versions of SDK's to keep 3rd party applications running while we need to upgrade for other applications and/or due to SDK bugs.
Thanks for any answer.

//rem
FakeBlood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2008 08:27 Edited at: 1st Feb 2008 08:31
if anyone else has this problem you can just download the dplayx.lib file and add it to your lib folder in your DirectX directory

I got the file from here
http://www.cubic.org/player/doc/node69.htm

w00t

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:30:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:30:59