Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Shading Bugs?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2007 16:52
I've noticed a couple of problems that don't seem to spur from my coding...

When applying the Bloom Shader, using the example code, it works and works well, but only for a certain proximity, say if the camera moves to a certain point it stops working - it seems to be the required 'hide object' commands...In the code you need to use the hide/show object commands around the camera sync so that the shader can work, but if I move to a certain point on the map, the hide object kicks in, but the 'show object' doesn't.

Which seems odd.

Also, the shadow shader look funky, very square - I'd provide a screenshot, but I'm using a different computer to connect to the net.

I love Nancy DrewG, but not insert brain here
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 13:45
Is nobody else getting these? They're rather annoying.

I'll add the bump mapping shader to the list, because my objects disappear from appearance when I use "dbSetBumpMappingOn"...

Other problems I've noticed are:

In the road terrain demo there are no shadows

In the shader demo, the bubble shader doesn't appear.

Considering the last two are from already compile pieces and if they're working fine then Dark GDK obviously is having problems using Shaders with my drivers or graphics cards.

If any body has any suggestions? If it is my drivers they are up to date.

I love Nancy DrewG, but not insert brain here

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 05:26:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 05:26:00