Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / I'm having trouble starting out with Dark GDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm using the free version for Visual C++ 2008 version, but I had some problems. After installing Visual C++, Dark GDK and DirectX 9 I tried it out. It couldn't find the DarkGDK.h header. So I read the installation guide and had it install manually, and retried compilation of the simple program. I got the following errors and a warning:

Is there any way to fix this? I wasn't really sure how, I tried a couple things (which both didn't work and I had to return them back to the first, previous state). Here's all the code in the only file being used, main.cpp;

I've tried to include everything I can to help anyone else help me, so if you know the solution (or what I'm doing wrong) please say so

New to Dark GDK, but it looks pwnage
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2007 12:15
Try switching C++->Code Generation->Runtime library to Multithreaded

You should probably also install the wizards so that you can create new projects using those in future - locate the wizards folder in your GDK installation folder and copy it to C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008 - hopefully that'll work for you

Utility plugins collection and
http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk for older plug-ins and example code
Caleb
Years of Service
User Offline
C++->Code Generation->Runtime library to Multithreaded
I'm confused here, what exactly does this mean? I looked, but didn't find Code Generation on any of the menus O.O
As far the wizards, it actually implemented that just fine, but none of the auto-code-generators in VC++ 2008 are working for me. It just opens up a dialog box that says Automation *something* failed. I click okey, then another one that's empty pops up, and then nothing happens.

Caleb
Years of Service
User Offline
Well since no one responded, I tried to uninstall and reinstall VC++ and Dark GDK. Once I was finished, I got the exact same errors -.-
What should I do? What is the problem?

Caleb
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, after some researching I found out what I needed indirectly, as in the thread I read what I needed in didn't specifically solve my particular problem, but it was helpful. It turns out that to get to where you told me to, IanM, I had to right click on the project in the project explorer (I think it's called that, I don't remember though) and select properties. Thanks for the help everything works fine at the moment

rondraeq
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Try switching C++->Code Generation->Runtime library to Multithreaded"

this helped, to some level. I use the same code as the original poster. When I commented out (//) the:
"while ( LoopGDK ( ) )"
the project would build.

About the reply about the wizard in the:
Quote: "You should probably also install the wizards so that you can create new projects using those in future - locate the wizards folder in your GDK installation folder and copy it to C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008 - hopefully that'll work for you"

the map is in this location, maybe the Vista version I use does not give Visual Studio access to this area? Or something else because when selecting new project in C++ 2008 the wizards do not appear as option to choose.

I hope this is clear and someone is able to elaborate on it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 05:27:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 05:27:37