Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / ...and i opened it up and screamed!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2007 00:18
i seriously need help with this thing, being new here,(been hanging out at FPSC part of town) the worst i've had to contend with is V1.07 FPI scripting, which is an "if then, do this" coding.......

but C++ doesn't seem to work like this! where is the beginners\noobs\idiots tutorial please!

Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2007 01:10
http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html#c++tutorial

DNDK - Dark Newton Development Kit. In progress.
Kyle Katarn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2007 01:23
Also go to

Start > All Programs (Program Files for those not running XP) > The Game Creators > DarkGDK > Tutorials > Getting Started.pdf
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2007 10:48
thanks m8........ i understand it all a bit better now,(still confusing though,lol)

Ice Cube
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 05:41 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2007 05:53
Quote: "but C++ doesn't seem to work like this"

Well first of all C++ is best of the best, but if you have experience in FPI only it may be very hard for you.
I've been programming in Borland C for DOS for 2 years (ages ago) and I moved to C++ with quite an experience. The main difference is that C++ is Object orientated and I will advise you to start with C first. Just buy or borrow some books and... good luck!

@coffee grunt, I also plan to try Dark GDK next year, and I really hope it is what it looks like

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 05:25:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 05:25:45