Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / first x10 user reiew

Author
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 14:32
In answer to Doggy; you've got to create them yourself, as I'm not aware of any Indy engine that will do that for you. I imagine 3 levels of detail would work well, though I'm not sure about it's effect on filesize or fps.

Has anyone confirmed if there is a significant difference on the filesize of the executables? Between that and the frame-rate; FPSCX9 games were hurting as a result.

-Keith

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 16:58 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2007 17:03
Yes, 3 levels of detail is what X10 uses. You make them yourself. The naming convention is:

yourmesh.X
yourmesh_MED.X
yourmesh_LOW.X

You can even specify the distance at which you want the swapping to occur in the fpe file. It works insanely well!

EDIT: In fact, if you wanted to take it to an extreme, you could LOD all your stuff down to a single poly if it's going to be obscured by a room, or a corner. Swapping in the full resolution model only when the player can actually SEE the entity. Hmm, now I want to try an entire level this way....seems like it could have a huge boost on the amount of stuff you could have in a level. Right now the only thing using this system is a few characters that I'm aware of.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 18:20
Quote: "Dark Jaguar Flame : According to your screenshot, I can tell you that you need a newer version of DX10."

Where i can find a update download?

Can i script? Uhmm i think that i can script...
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, nice. Thanks for the info!

I assume that the LOD-system also works for the other entities? If so, wouldn't a terrain made of entities become even more fps-friendly with the LOD levels? I can see this causing some collision and physic -problems, but still.
Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 21:26
That's a cool little feature. It would be better if it could be applied to not only characters, but also entities and segments.

http://www.freewebs.com/snipedupstudios/index.htm

VISIT IT!
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 23:16
Well lets see a good test of this then, build a big set, Y axis as well, not just a box room, fill it up with entities, fill it with monsters, put it though its paces and lets see some screens please.

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivita.com/
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 23:48
Woah! FPSC has that! Sweet! Better framerates!

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 10:22
the blood & ragdoll patch is out, ive just downloaded it & it installs with no problems .

Your signature has been erased by a mod
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 14:08
ive been playing around with x10 & managed to sort out custom media so here are a few ingame screenies of 1 of my new segments

cheers henry ham

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 14:36
Still haven't seen anyone try to face 20, 30, or 50 enemies yet!

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Greek freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 16:33
I want to see some water a little higher...

The problem is not if there isn't after-death-life. The problem is if there is no life in life!
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 17:00
I dont want to see it at all. wow a water shader, big deal, go build a decent level, go look in an arcitecture book for ideas is my advise to all the hundreds of people that will be posting square rooms with water in them.

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivita.com/
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 18:22
While true that there is definitely a shortage of originality, I will say that it would be nice if we have more flexibility in segment creators. TCG's segment creator seems to support making irregularly shaped segments. However it's as buggy as heck. Way too inconsistent to be useful. That being said, there are still ways to be creative even with limited knowledge or tools.

Back on topic: Seems like the price you pay for getting X10 early is a mob of demands demonstrating each feature! LOL

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 18:27
Quote: "You can even specify the distance at which you want the swapping to occur in the fpe file."

really? i didn't even know that! gonna try that myself.

cram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 18:31
Today i got my dvd .
Now i wait 3 month and I install fps creator X10
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 19:07
Quote: "Now i wait 3 month and I install fps creator X10"

Why don't you let me use your copy for 3 months or until mine arrives!!

cram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 19:16
Quote: "Why don't you let me use your copy for 3 months or until mine arrives!!
"

Yo can do nothing with it,without my key code.
And you do not get that.

shadow651
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 21:25 Edited at: 4th Dec 2007 21:27
your custom media fits in well
Ice Cube
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2007 04:25
I guess everybody's custom media should fit if the original ww2 media fits. You just have to know the file structure and how x10 works with files...

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2007 06:53
Do enimies swim or drown?

Fps guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2007 08:21
sweet "screenies" is this acuall game or demo but very nice pics

boom headshot!!!
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2007 03:28
i'm sorry if this sounds stupid but it sounds like you have to download blood and ragdoll seperate? is that true? i thought it just came with it.

when the chicken crosses the road, he never comes back
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2007 00:23
Quote: "i'm sorry if this sounds stupid but it sounds like you have to download blood and ragdoll seperate? is that true? i thought it just came with it"

yeh its a seperate download mate

Fiberfrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is my review after working with the new engine for a week...

GUI

This is key as this engine is for the most advance to the beginners. Having it for 12+ was a great idea as the Ragdoll Patch fixes that for the ones who want the good deaths and blood. Setup just like the old engine so you know where everything is already so you can just start creating.

Game Play

What can I say. I am running the game over 300 FPS and having 20-50 enemies in a room with ease. We build this computer around this game engine and have not reached FPS10 full potential yet. The surroundings are great and one that takes time creating and adding custom content, video, music and scripts will have a game that runs smooth for commercial use or just with your friends.

50 Enemies in a room, is it really true?

It is true. I did it 2 ways. 25 Enemies/25 Allies and all 50 Enemies and let me tell you something... Ran at 200 FPS during the whole battle... The most fun I have ever had in one of my own games.

Overview:

This game engine is a must have for anyone who wanted to create a game. Starting from the beginner all the way up to the most advance, you can create the must realistic looking game on the market today. If you do not have FPSX10 get it today and build you new computer to run the engine and you will not regret it.

TJ Killers
www.metalkill.com

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 19:19
i plan to have my fpsc x10 game on the shelves alog with the other great gaming prodigies out there. wish me luk and get a discount ( kidding )

when the chicken crosses the road, he never comes back
deadville
Years of Service
User Offline
Ummmmmmmm???????I have just ordered the. FPS Creator X10 But before it arives can i ask some questions i gotta gaming pc and it can swich from xp from vista without reinstallings and will it be compatable i got the tech demo to work so will the real thing work just asking.

me got fps creator you bye my games now watch my videos on youtube subtribe to me obey me obey your master master master of puppets i am pulling your strings

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 09:19:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 09:19:21