Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Help with FTP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 01:49
Ha, me again guys, thank you for all your help so far! Now I need some help with FTP...

I know nothing about it so i tried something simple like this:

Obviously this won't work... and I can't seem to find the right combination.

The username and password put you in the directory, so i shouldn't need to set it. The only file it the directory is "motd" (no extension).

any ideas?
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 16:31
I havent used ftp with the db_ engine, but that looks like it should work. Are you successfully connecting to the server, and navigating to the specified directory? Do you get result codes from the ftp server? Theres numeric codes that indicate successes or errors, not sure how they are handled in db_

My DBP plugins page is now hosted [href]here[/href]
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 16:42 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2007 16:42
I don't think the URL can contain a folder name, but then I'm not sure. Try it without it, and set the current directory using dbFTPSetDir.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
Crimson X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 18:25
Thanks for your input, turns out you were right Benjamin. Folders are a no no. I switched the url to an ftp subdomain, threw in some eror checking, and now it works like a charm. Here is the code if anyone is interested:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 05:25:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 05:25:18