Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Story and plot

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, Im new . I'd really like to get started laying out the plot and details for the game I'd LIKE to make, but I am completely at a loss.

If you could all please pitch ideas so i can get started, it'd be a real help. Thanks.

404 siganture not found
Troy Chambers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 05:32
What kind of game would you like to do, sci-fi, WW11, modern, horror, sci-fi/horror, modern/horror, what do you want to do, I need to know that, then I can come up with a good plot in about 10 minutes. Not Kidding.

PHOENIX, an up-coming game by Troy Chambers & DOOMED STUDIOS
Lagger56
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd to do a sort of modern one with a really immersive story, something about a war maybe, or a post apactolyptic world. I just need some sort of idea or basic guideline. Thanks for replying by the way.

404 siganture not found
Michael S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 07:44
Well welcome to TGC
and good luck with your games.

COME SIGN UP AT [href]www.anime-ego.com[/href]
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 10:56
Ok, so setting is:
Modern
War-torn
Post Apocalyptic

Perhaps set in...London, 2014

Immersive story = Thriller

Main character: Is a Male, 25 year-old OK?

Enemy: So as not to offend anyone, i think we'd better say totalitarianism.

Suddenly, and quite magically, a backstory has evolved...

London, 2014. With the brain-washed soldiers of the mighty Bernheart Hades having taken control of Britain a few months ago, the capital is now a war-torn wilderness of fallen concrete and rising smoke. When the bombs fell, in just a few short days, 65% of Londons population was wiped out. Now, the survivers cling to existant in the relatively safe, but ever monitored, "Green Zone", a walled section of the city where surveillance takes precident over human rights.

Those lucky enough to evade Bernheart Hades' forces, known as The Scimitars (or 'Scimmers' colloqually), survive in small clans deep in the country. Sometimes they are may take refuge in one of the many 'abandoned towns' but this is dangerous because of the constant sweep searches by the Scimmers.

The British army also tried to repel the invasion. Unfortunately, they were forced back some 60 miles from London and much of the army has been cut off from the main group, assumed to be somewhere North of London.

You play as Pte. Ben Marshaw, a 25 year old soldier in the cut-off group of the British Army. The limited intelligence you are hearing is that the 'Mother Group', the main army North of London, is about to storm the City. With this in mind, a large operation has been organised in which the remaining squads will be air-lifted to London and dropped under the cover of darkness. The main objective is to disbale a massive communications device in the docklands area of the city. With this device destroyed, the Scimmers will have no way of knowing if and where the Mother Group are attacking. A secondary objective is to gather intelligence on the whereabouts of Bernheart Hades.

Some of the locations you will fight in:
- The Docklands
- The Underground (Subway)
- Batersea Power Station
- St. Pancras Station
- The 2012 Olympic Complex
- London City Airport

How's that for a start? If you like it, i'll go about writing the rest of storyline later today.

AE

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 14:42
Quote: "The 2012 Olympic Complex"

if they finish it on time lol.

Y are the post-apocalyptic stories set in major cities..... thats what made Resistance:Fall of Man so refreshing, it was mainly set in Grimsby.Halo2(+3 partly) was set in Mombasa, I had never heard of the place, before!?

mikeh926
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 14:44
That looks good. By the way, are you still working on you WWII pack AE?
Lagger56
Years of Service
User Offline
wow, thats really good Avenge, but one problem. Im not from Europe . The only problem is that I'm not familiar with the British military system. It's a really good story though. I suppose i could just wiki the British military and get some background info.

404 siganture not found
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Would you like us to make the game for you too? goodness me why dont you just have a play with the software until a good idea comes to you...

Lagger56
Years of Service
User Offline
stupid post approval, well, i really just wanted an idea, not an entire story made for me.

404 siganture not found
Dan the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 22:32
I just found out that we are having alot of new people joining.

Who are you and why are you here?
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 00:14
The thing is, most (if not all) people who have trouble coming up with a story never even portray it ingame, just something they slap on the thread, the readme, and the loading screens.

Lagger56
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, without a strong sense of a story, games will usually suck. So im going to try uber hard to make it follow the story and be relevant

404 siganture not found
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 08:35
Quote: "By the way, are you still working on you WWII pack AE?"

No.

But, i am trying to get back into 'texturing mood' so i can finish texturing the last few weapons.

@Lagger56:
My story line was just an idea ofcourse, perhaps a little over expanded, but you could use elements from it and combine it with your own ideas an get a story you feel comfortable with.

...also, make sure FPSC can actually do all th things specified in your story.

AE

Lagger56
Years of Service
User Offline
roger

404 siganture not found

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 07:28:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 07:28:09