Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Noob with a question!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, I'm brand new to C++ and Dark GDK, hopefully one of you can answer this question, or provide me with a link to a tutorial

...in one of the tutorial projects that come with Dark GDK...the one for the terrain...after being walked through it, I can run the program and move around the map using the arrow keys...My question is...How can I add a 3rd person character attached to the camera? so when i move the camera, there is a body moving with it...

I know it won't be realistic...but i just want a basic human figure for starters...

thanks in advance...

noob here
Yoyokid
Years of Service
User Offline
What i would do first is learn how to move a object around, or if your new, start of with 2D, but if your that driven, then learn how to move an object about, then set it up so that the objects y corrdinates are that of the terrain, and then setting up a chase camera

being a yoyoer has its ups and downs...
J Rhat
Years of Service
User Offline
alright, thanks man

noob here

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 05:24:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 05:24:45