Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Need help making a good raining effect...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been working for awhile on a rain effect. I am making a simple test game, and I am wanting some cool weather effects.

The way I thought of doing was to have a 1x5, 1x8, 1x11 sprites, and mix them randomly, and have variable alpha masks on them, which I tested and it works, but then I can't figure how to do lightning.

I thought maybe someone here would have a more efficient idea in mind. Thank you for any assistance.
Crimson X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 05:14
You could make just a solid white bitmap the resolution of your screen, initialize it as a sprite, and give it a variable alpha mask. Then whenever you want lightning to flash, gradually but quickly bring the alpha variable up in increments of one. When it hits 255, do the same thing but decrease it back to zero. Make sure you have the white bitmap is on top of whatever you want to cover in the flash. The result is a transparent but strong flash of white light

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 05:31:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 05:31:51