Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / And so it begins...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 22:01 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2007 22:47
Right! I finally have my copy of x10! So far it;s great, only a little annoyed at NPC's lack of ability at using stairs...

But none the less fantastic over all!
And now it is begining, the torrents of questions on how to do stuff xD

Question 1:
How do I get a switch to change the water level? I know the script that can do it, and that I have to put the water level in the factor field, but where do I put the script itself?

Question 2:
In the tech demo and older videos I saw lots of controls over particles. (colour, density, etc) But I cant seem to find them now. Have they been removed or am I just over looking them?

EDIT: And also, I just tried out some corridor segments, and they dont seem to work properly, they are missing their walls, which appear occasionaly depending on where I look, then dissapear again. I'll take a screenshot in a second.

Hippopottomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 22:53
I don't own X10 yet. But I think I know your solution to your "NPC's lack of ability to use stairs" problem. Try putting seperate waypoints on each stairs going up it. If I'm right, the A.I. should follow the waypoint on the stairs going up or down only if it needs to.

http://www.freewebs.com/snipedupstudios/index.htm

VISIT IT!
granada
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 23:01
Quote: "Right! I finally have my copy of x10! So far it;s great, only a little annoyed at NPC's lack of ability at using stairs..."

I think you can do this using waypoints.

Dave

Windows vist Premium,Windows Media Center,4 gig ram
Dual core AMD opteron processer 185 26i GHS,Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX 768Mb
Flash
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, yeah, I knew about that. That works fine. Sorry, I should have been clearer. The problem comes with non waypointed NPCs, such as allies when you tell them to follow you, they just hang around at the bottom of the stairs, or sometimes even walk from the top and just hover in the air,

And here is a screenie of my corridor problem:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Flash
Years of Service
User Offline
Anybody out there know the answers?

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 19:30
As for the corridor problem:

I tend to see this most when an end to the corridor is open. Placing segments on the end normally fixes it for me. Don't know why.

Best.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
You need to place a waypoint on everystair just bottom to top and all chars in the level will then use the stairs.

Best s4real

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:30:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:30:38