Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Question for the people who know lots about FPSC source code.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's a question for the people who know lots about the FPSC source code.

I downloaded and installed 6.2 + extras, followed instructions, compiled source code in DB Pro and transferred executable etc. I then fired up FPSC and created a simple level to test.

Player and enemies generated off the segment platform in bottom left corner of the world so I was unable to move. Player and entities positions appear to be incorrect.

I re-loaded 6.2 plus extras, re-compiled and got same results.

Any ideas?

Cheers
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2007 04:53
Moving this to Product Chat...

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2007 10:17
There have been many weird things happening when compiling the source code.

For empty's mod, it was some various crashing bugs that dealt with areas of the code that he didn't modify. For mine, occassionally when I compile the source, it would flicker all the lights in the level. But upon recompiling a few times, the problem would go away. I'm not sure if that would be the case for your problem here, but it's worth a shot.

Also, the newer source is to be released later this month (or at least, a lot of people are hoping so), so I suggest waiting until then to try modifying some source. That way, you won't get TOO into understanding this source, and be fresh and free to understand the newer one with bug fixes and upgrades and all that stuff.

Best of luck.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
Dude, I'd rather be declared a dbpro noob than an fpsc legend any day!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2007 16:51
Quote: "Also, the newer source is to be released later this month (or at least, a lot of people are hoping so), so I suggest waiting until then to try modifying some source."

That would be my suggestion as well (thankful I'm not alone here...)
while you can download the v1 source code and take a look at it to get an idea of how FPSC works waiting for the next release of the source code which should be compatible with anyone using the latest in FPSC.
Therefore,if you would make a mod of the source code with the next release of the source code without having to worry about any compatibility issues that may arise with the current version of the source code.
Then,when the source code is released we'll all make our own pet mods for it and then find some poor soul to attempt to make them all work together.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2007 17:38
Quote: "the newer source is to be released later this month "

bet your happy now Plystire!

Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2007 17:47
yup im still waiting for that source code... can't wait to get my hands in there... first thing im doin is going to try to find the source of that ugly... ugly lagg.

Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )
400 pound
Years of Service
User Offline
Cheers people, I'll wait for the new code. I just want to modify it so I can script fog distances. Anyone had a go at this yet?
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2007 19:04
Quote: "first thing im doin is going to try to find the source of that ugly... ugly lagg."

can't wait m8.

Quote: "I just want to modify it so I can script fog distances."

useful, useful.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 09:21:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 09:21:24