Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / scale entities in the editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 12:42
Is this possible, id like to scale entities on the fly, so say if we have a terrain we can scale it and have variations in size, I want to do this in the editor, so we want to change its draw scale something like that, we have that option on other engines, available here?

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivita.com/
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
no its not possible it has to pre configured. You can make copies and thus various sized versions of different entitys if you wanted

Greek freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 15:52
If I understand well what you are saying:
You can import the x. model of the model you want to scale into the "make models from .x files" and change the scale every time you make the object. ETC: Once put it 100 then 80 then 60 then 40

The problem is not if there isn't after-death-life. The problem is if there is no life in life!
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 16:34
It would be a nice update to the editor!

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 16:55
So I do what, make different sized .x models entities of the same model, or I can use the same model, I just edit some file, an fpe file or something, havnt got round to making entities yet.

SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 17:09
If you get magic fps you can edit the scale width height or rotation of the object.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 18:25
you can also do that in entity workshop, I wonder if you can move the object up, as scaling up or down in size vertically, Im guessing will scale at both ends and it will not lie with its base on the floor, unless it has a way of automatically making the entities base lie at the level of the floor.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 18:38 Edited at: 4th Dec 2007 18:42
Quote: "unless it has a way of automatically making the entities base lie at the level of the floor."

MagicFPS does this. Just press enter (like in the FPSC editor) and the object will align it's base with the floor. It's sizing works well for small objects, but not for larger items like terrain... too difficult to get the object into view.

Best.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 19:38 Edited at: 4th Dec 2007 23:41
what about segment workshop 2, does that aligh bace to floor?
Tested it, it does, but there is a limit on the height we can make a segment bigger.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 22:24
Yeah this would be a welcome addition to the FPSC map editor.

It can be annoying changing the .fpe and deleting the .dbo / .bin files everytime you want to make something bigger or smaller.

Also I recently found I needed to move my entire map further down the grid which was a relatively painless excercise with the cut, copy and paste tools.

What would also be useful is the ability to make individual areas in new map files therefore being able to compile and test them quickly. Then being able to import them into a main map file and paste in place without having to compile the entire level to test everthing.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2007 00:50
I agree.I am just glad they finally made it where entities/segments you now longer are using get deleted from the level.You have no idea how much of a time saver that is.
I think they should update the editor and make it similar to the one in x10 where you can shift the values on the fly as well.
It would be a lot quicker than having to test,making a minute adjustment,rinse and repeat.
I really wish that FPSC didn't automatically make the .bin and .dbo files until the game is built.It is aggravating to have to constantly delete them.

Please have mercy and use the search function.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 07:23:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 07:23:09