Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Problem with DGDK.NET initialise with either Vista or VC#2008.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 13:36 Edited at: 4th Dec 2007 13:40
well i followed the tutorial for Microsoft Visual C# .NET. i'm using vista 64bit os. vc#2008 has configuration manager set to x86. made sure the project was for 2.0 .Net. yet when i come to run the spinningcube. i get the following message.

"System.UnauthorizedAccessException:Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT:0x800750005(E_ACCESSDENIED)) at DGDKLib.dgdkAppClass.InitDGDK(Int32 hProcess, String strDgdk, String strKey, Int32 IVersion) at CDarkGDK.InitDarkGDK(String strKey) Unable to initialize the DarkGDK.NET library"

i made sure InitDarkGDK("") has the authorcode from the tool (between the (" ")). made sure SpinningCube.dgdk was added to project and turned embedded resource. vhost setting is turned off for debug and release.

forgot to mention using DGDK.NET v1090 plus the v1.0901 patch. directx is upto date including standard dx10 and dx9 using directx sdk november 2007.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 14:16
Did you also switch off the VHost option under Debugging for both release and debug configurations? If this option is enabled, the system cannot authenticate correctly.

Paul.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 15:35 Edited at: 4th Dec 2007 17:29
Quote: ""System.UnauthorizedAccessException:Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT:0x800750005(E_ACCESSDENIED)) at DGDKLib.dgdkAppClass.InitDGDK(Int32 hProcess, String strDgdk, String strKey, Int32 IVersion) at CDarkGDK.InitDarkGDK(String strKey) Unable to initialize the DarkGDK.NET library""

I concur with Apex, thats a classic VSHost-not-switched-off error, as the vhost process will alter the exe name to run for IDE Debugging/Edit and Continue ability, but it will break the Auth portion of the dgdk.net.

let us know if that was the problem

My DBP plugins page is now hosted [href]here[/href]
enablerbr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 17:25
yes it was turned off for both debug and release.i did say that in my 1st post.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 17:33 Edited at: 4th Dec 2007 17:34
ah, missed that bit.

well if you have vshosting process off, the dgdk file embedded, and everything else setup, it should run. Is it possible the string for the key is messed up? maybe it has a stray space in it or something?

"TheKeyDataVeryLong...........EndOfKeyData " <--like that?

or possibly something missing in the Assembly Info?
maybe check all that and reauth, repaste the key into your code, and delete and re-embed the dgdk file.

enablerbr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 17:40
checked for space at end of key none. checked for space throughout key to be sure. assemlby info matches the tutorial.

i also tried redoing the authorcode again still no joy.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 18:26 Edited at: 4th Dec 2007 18:27
quite possible its a Vista64 issue, or a VS2008 issue. do you have access to another OS/machine to test on? I'd be curious to see dgdk.net current version work with VS2008, but on an XP32/Vista32 machine. The last I remember some people got dgdk.net working with vs2005 on vista 32, no idea about 64. But I havent been fully following these issues (of platform) so sorry if my info is outdated.

hopefully Apex has more info

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 19:26
enablerbr, I have access to Vista 64 at work, so would you be willing to send me the project (INCLUDING) the dgdk key file because I need to check if this is an issue with the Authentication calculations done under a 64bit environment.

It maybe that there is an issue between standard 32 bit arithmetic, and 64bit arithmetic.

Feel free to use my email address.

Also, just to be absolutely sure, can you please verify that the Authenticator is most definately the version that came with the patch for 1091. Hopefully this may just be the case that the older Authenticator version is still residing on your system.

Paul.

enablerbr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 19:52 Edited at: 4th Dec 2007 20:01
for the Authenticator. this was a fesh install of DarkGDK_NET_Freeware_1090_NoDX.zip. which i then did dgdk_net_patch_v10901.zip. there had been no dgdk.net on this computer till today.

on the arithmetic side. yes there are differences.

i'll send what i have.

email bounced back saying you mailbox was full. that was to email address in your profile link.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 20:19 Edited at: 4th Dec 2007 20:21
Try now, should be ok

Paul.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 22:24
Quote: "email bounced back saying you mailbox was full"

btw, Apex, this was the problem the other day, when I said I emailed you something but you never got it. I didnt get the notification because it went to my junk folder for some reason a couple hours later

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 23:30
Yeah, I hadn't checked the box online, there was over 1120 Spam mails... ffs... why me! Anyway, I descretely removed them.

enablerbr, although I've tried the EXE over here, it gave the same error here, so I will need to install C# and actually test the project to find why this is a problem. If you're willing to bare with me, I'll find the cause, and provide you with a solution or a workaround.

Paul.

enablerbr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2007 00:32
ok thanks.
enablerbr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2007 18:27
BTW what was the setting to not show the console box when running. when it's working of course.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2007 20:53
I've found the problem. The reason why it won't work, is that for some odd reason, the authentication key for InitDarkGDK, has been pasted into the parenthesis three times.

Can you remove the key, re-authenticate, and paste it once only.

Rebuild the application, and it should be fine.

Paul.

enablerbr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2007 21:07
yep it worked.

no idea why it was repeated 3 times. i only highlighted, copied, pasted. i had tried redoing it a few times. with i guess the same issue. must of been vista having a funny turn. thanks for looking into it.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2007 21:51
No problem, glad that helped

Paul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 05:26:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 05:26:01