Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Finally! Seemed to take forever:

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2007 04:06
Well, with all the hoopla around the forums with the arrival of x10, this has been one release thats been pretty hard to ignore.

I myself haven't been around the forums much, so even though my eye's lit up at the latest news letter, I had to rely on the constant IM's from friends like S4, or had to read the newest review of how totally awesome the x10 release was, knowing my copy was lost in transit somewhere between my little snow covered yard in Michigan, and our brothers across the pond in England.

Well I got my copy today and although I don't have a machine capable of running the software, I still decided to give my review of it....

The box is a pretty blue. I like the new models from Jon though I must confess, I really wish you'd kept the same color scheme with this box as you did the last. It does an excellent job of keeping the moisture off my computer table, which is a huge pet peeve of mine, trying to remove those embarrassing rings. I sort of have a matching set now and I like the way it elevates the coke can, or other favored soft drink ever so slightly making the refreshment more visible, and therefore more inviting.

Good job Guys and thanks for the copy......I think...
Best
Loc

Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2007 05:21 Edited at: 8th Dec 2007 05:23
LOL, I recieved my Offical copy today also Loc, but I've had X10 betas all along, I had the last RC of X10 I had to unistall today before installing this one, TGC was kind enough to mention my name in the credits under testers along with all the the other beta test I thought that was pretty cool. anyway you need to upgrade man you can get a vista home basic upgrade off Ebay for $40 to $50 buck all day long, and you can get a geforce 8600 for $150.
General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
you should have said "now i have a new coaster for my drinks then took a scrap cd and put it in the garbage and take a pic, like your wasting the cd just for the case for teh cups

Check out my WIP game, and comment at>>>> http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=118704&b=25
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2007 06:04
Chupa...Did you get the little instruction book with yours(your mentioned as a tester?), like fpsc did? I've been robbed!!

And yeah....I know I'll have to eventually go Vista, but I don't just want to upgrade my OS and vid card. New comps with dual card slots are getting pretty cheap, so I'll probably go with something in the 2-4 gig mem/2 8600 cards/ dual core deals here soon enough....

Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2007 07:13 Edited at: 8th Dec 2007 07:30
No I didn't get a paper manual with X10 I was talking about the PDF manual on the disk page 4.
Ya I upgraded back in march to a AMD 5200+ dual core and 4 gigs of ram and 8800 GTS and new MSI K9 Neo motherboard and Vista Home Premium, And now you can buy a AMD phenom quad cores for $239 on Newegg.com with free shipping, this has got me thinking about upgrading again.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2007 07:19
Is that a bottle of cleaning solution in the back corner? Hate to preach but, you know that stuff will kill ya plus cause all kinds of weird obsessions.

No paper guide this time.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2007 09:17 Edited at: 8th Dec 2007 10:06
You should've done the whole gag wedding photo thing, and taken a picture of the box between your butt cheeks or something.

Maximum PC just gave their hightest rating to the new 8800 GT card, and they almost never give that honor to a midrange card. I think you would get better performance out of that instead of two 8600's, maybe.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 05:36:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 05:36:46