Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Hard question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know this is a hard question, but I REALLY want to do this in my new game!

Can anyone tell how to have a trigger zone so when you walk in it a wall blows up? I wanna have a wall near you blow up and you see a tank and some marines outside the hole in the wall!

Please don't lock this post!

Thanx!
Troy Chambers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2007 05:35
Well I don't know about the script, but I do know it would probably have to be one of the false walls in the sci-fi section. I don't think a script would blow up a part of a segment, at least not just a part of one anyway.

But I'm with you dude, I'd like to do that too.

PHOENIX, an up-coming game by Troy Chambers & DOOMED STUDIOS
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2007 06:02
You would animate the wall exploding, and play an exploding decal and sound when you enter the trigger zone.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2007 08:24
Aww, just get a Panzerfaust and blow the hell out of the wall the good old fashion way. (Quite litterally).

Although you'll have to be creative with the weapon (meaning delete the model) you can use something similar to such

:state=0:setalphafade=0,state=1
:state=1,activated=1:useweapon,destroy,state=2

The idea is to have a guy with a panzerfaust aimed at the wall, when you walk into a triggerzone it sends the "activateifused=1" to the UNIQUELY NAMED ENTITY, this causes the guy to fire the gun and in turn blows up the wall.

A few values may have to be changed with the entity wall... and I may be wrong about the "useweapon" command (meaning it's something else) but it SHOULD work.

Its not who you are or what you've done... its WHY you did it and how far you are willing to go.
If you fear speaking for yourself, make use the words of others while discovering your own voice.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2007 10:57
or just do the good old spawn-an-explosive-barrel-trick......

set spawn at start on the barrel to NO, it's spawn life to 1, and put it's name in the trigger zones IF USED........

just make sure it spawns behind the wall and that it doesn't damage your tank, etc with it's blast...... trying playing about with the explosion strength.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2007 14:58
If the wall is a dynamic entity it should be explodable.
Set the strength higher than 0.
Set isexplodable to yes.

To make it so that it explodes when you walk into the area in this case a triggerzone should not be required.
You would give the wall entity a main AI script such as:

:state=0,plrdistwithin=50:state=1
:state=1:destroy

or something like that.
Remember there are a variety of things you can adjust as well like isimmobile and the damage that occurs when the explosion occurs.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 14:41
and remember theres an animated destroyable wall in ButterCutter for doing just this kinda thing!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 17:52
Using that would be even easier.

Please have mercy and use the search function.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 09:24:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 09:24:29