Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Luminance maps

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2002 03:19
I've just begun exporting .x models (using Lightwave) and notice that only the color maps seem to appear in the final .x model. I may be missing something but how are things such as luminance maps displayed in realtime applications?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2002 06:35
DirectX can handle upto 32 Materials, however only a single UV Texture Map.
This means that only the Diffuse/Base Texture Map is used as the export UV...
You can setup the same texture to be used in multiple ways with these 32 Materials, however you still only have that single set of UV points

As the Colour Map is actually Vertex Colours which is material driven these are exported
Same goes for Opacity and Highlight (however these are only single colour and depth)

Hope this helps

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Darklight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2002 18:27
what about using 3ds files instead? The reason I ask is because I've seen some realtime 3d models with luminance gradients or lit areas to mimmick various lighting effects not to mention things like headlights etc.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2002 19:46
most formats can only hold a single UV map per Mesh/Limb...
Quake3 MD3 are able to use Shaders which are outlain onto the original texture, uses the same UV map just a second texture that oftenly does something like glow or rotate around U/V Axis

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 08:13:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 08:13:12