Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / upgrading from express to pro version of C++

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2007 07:45
What would be the benefits of upgrading from the express version of C++.

Would you get a speed increase? If you would then this would certianly seem worth the price. Does anyone know if this is a benefit, or if there might be any other benefits?

Thank you.
Pixel Perfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2007 10:28
There may be additional compiler options allowing better optimization but I'm not sure on that score. A quick look on the Microsoft site should give you information on that. Otherwise, outside of full Windows Application development, I suspect there would be little benefit for Game creators using DarkGDK apart from the obvious one ... you could now sell any games you produced which is of course prohibited when using the Express version.

No matter how good your code is, someone will improve on it
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2007 20:21
I didnt realize that you cannot sell games made in express.
C programer
Years of Service
User Offline
That not true right on the FAQ it says you can use express for commercial use.http://www.microsoft.com/express/support/faq/
Pixel Perfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 16:36
My apologies David, that does seem to be the case. You would still need to upgrade your DGDK licence, if you’re using the free version, should you intend selling your games. Good on Microsoft though!

No matter how good your code is, someone will improve on it

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 07:29:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 07:29:09