Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Creating windows forms(dialogs) under VC++2008 (Express)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 19:41
Hi Guys,

I don't know if this is just me being stupid, but when I tried to create a resource under VC++ 2008 express the button was disabled.

Just to clarify, I have right clicked on my project then Add->Resource but the resource option is grayed out. Has this functionality been disabled for the express version?

Thanks in advance.

The Sun is trying to kill me!
AQT Game Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
I think it isn´t disabled on the express editions, but maybe the problem is the type of resources that visual studio manages isn´t compatible with the ones that DarkGDK uses. I recommend you using the Add->Existing Item if you want to copy things to your proyect folder.
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 12:25
Yeah I think that is what I'm gonna have to do.

I installed VS2005 and created a GDK project with resources etc.. I then imported it into VC++2008 it builds and runs ok, but in the project explorer there is a big red tree item that says the resource editor is not available in express. So I think the only way around it is to either fork out for pro edition [giggles to self/] or use an external resource editor and import the files like you said.

The Sun is trying to kill me!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 07:26:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 07:26:58