Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Ways to Sell a game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 00:37
Hey, my game is goin really well and i need to make some money off of it before i get x10 ( my standard is get my money back i invested and several hundred dollars more ) i know i cant have it at gamespot sitting in between Call of Duty 4 and ES4blivion, but any other ways? i started this thread because i want to make some money, and make sure i didnt just waste soe money on a game maker and not do anything with it. i plan to sell it to everyone at school. (everyone wants to buy it), but i want to hear some of yalls ideas.

when the chicken crosses the road, he never comes back
Corky
User Banned
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 00:51
Burn it to a disc, sell it.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 00:52
Quote: "i know i cant have it at gamespot sitting in between Call of Duty 4 and ES4blivion."

Show us some screen of your AAA title, so chees hed, what studio have you worked at, where have you got the experiance from to rival these kind of top tier games

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivita.com/
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 01:09
...promotion, promotion, promotion. Build some excitement about your game. Show us your moneymaker!

Own It, Or Get Owned...
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 01:33 Edited at: 11th Dec 2007 01:37
sorry, this isnt my computer but i dont think yall get the question. here:

how would you sell your game?

what would you do to get money off your game?

plus i cant show you my game because my laptop is screwed and i need to put up my new computer. but i dont need to show you screens of my game and if you ask why then you dont get the question. but my game is a horror, here is the story:

The USMR base ( United States Military Research ) is one of the best and most powerful bases in the world. It even had a sector set aside for civilians who cant pay off their homes and life neccesities. All the workers were happy to live and work there, until... The year is 2124. A species nicknamed Hellmen used to attack every 5 years or so. But they havent sent an attack in over 80 years. So we thought they had given up. We were wrong. All the sudden there was a surprise attack on the base that started 3 miles behind our lines. Investigaters report there was a huge 50 foot hole in the ground where they came from, looking deeper they found it was a tunnel leading 100 miles away from the base. Being underground and landing so far away they completely avoided our detection. Now the communications sector has been sabotaged, 75% of the civilians have been killed, and the bio-experiments have been realeased. We thought we had it bad. Then we realized the attack was nothing more than a sabotage for the 10 Motherships coming down on our base. As one of the soldiers sent to investigate, you have to help restore the communications base, find a shelter for the civilians, and control all the bio-hazardous experiments so we can send a distress call and prepare for this hidious attack soon to come. If we can restore the base, the Motherships will be chalenging, but not nearly as much as a threat as they are now.

The game is called "7 daus to live" because you have 7 days to live or those motherships will toast everyone within the base, then the world.

that help?

and i dont have the experience to rival with cod4 and es4: oblivion, but that was my point.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 06:56
...is your game how far away is your game from completion?

Own It, Or Get Owned...
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
when its done put it in the showcase with a link to a site you can buy it off, you can use paypal for payments

smiley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 20:16 Edited at: 11th Dec 2007 20:22
at new year
my website
(it hasn't been fully made yet and yes it is way better than the ones below lol)
will have a fps/fpsc section i don't know that exact figures what i mean is i don't know how much i will charge i was thinking something like the actual price of the game or model pack or extension pack e.g cost £2.50 you give me 2.50 and i will put it on my site or i get 25% of the sales price e.g. cost £2.50 you give me 25p or £0.25 for each sale you get through my website please contact me if you would like more information ocgames@hotmail.co.uk
(i am going to get a proper email address for my site when i buy the domain name)

p.s
this does mean if your model pack, extension pack or game is free that you can give it away on are site for free (whats the catch simple answer there isnt one it just drives more traffic to my site if i offer thing for free)

hope that helps

p.p.s
near to the time of the release date of my website (new year)i will create a thread about it with actual (quoted) prices but prices may vary depending on circumstances but will be better than the offers price (that i quote) in that thread

sorry for the long post

http://www.ocgames.tk
(sight in development games coming soon)
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 21:51
...best of luck to you, smiley.

Own It, Or Get Owned...
EAST Programming
Years of Service
User Offline
actually you could have it on the shelves of a gamestore,
you may not get as much money as you wish but you could get enough
respond if you wish to know how(at least I think

Remember games should stay games
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2007 02:23
well, i have an x9 version of the game which is about 90% complete, though i'm going to make a remake of it using x10 for actual commercial purposes ( publish, sell like a normal game would )

Quote: "you could have it on the shelves of a gamestore"

i know but it's fpsc and it isnt actually commercial quality ( maybe like 10 years ago ) but the x10 remake will most likely end up in a store in a year or so. the remake is a squad-based action version. the x9 is sorta a horror, but i wouldnt call it horror. it's more along the lines of a disturbing shooter (by disturbing i mean blood and guts everywhere, corpses with only half a head and missing limbs, bloodied up bodies hanging on the ceiling still moving.) in fact, the x10 version will be just as gory or even more but there will be a T version for all the little kids out there.

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2007 02:24
by the way, if you see this game in the showcase it's gonna be the x10 version. jus to let you know.

Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2007 02:46
Quote: "i know but it's fpsc and it isnt actually commercial quality ( maybe like 10 years ago ) but the x10 remake will most likely end up in a store in a year or so. the remake is a squad-based action version. the x9 is sorta a horror, but i wouldnt call it horror. it's more along the lines of a disturbing shooter (by disturbing i mean blood and guts everywhere, corpses with only half a head and missing limbs, bloodied up bodies hanging on the ceiling still moving.) in fact, the x10 version will be just as gory or even more but there will be a T version for all the little kids out there.
"

I don't think it will make it to stores even with X10.

Corky
User Banned
Posted: 12th Dec 2007 03:16
Quote: "I don't think it will make it to stores even with X10."

Sorry to say it but me either, because it really doesn't matter how good you are it just doesn't have the stuff the new age games have. Well I take that back if your a really good at scripting, story writer, level designer and all that stuff that usually 100's of people do to complete a game then I guess you could put it on the shelves.

Shell Shock
Years of Service
User Offline
Screens would help. And if you don't have fun playing it (your own game) then don't bother trying to sell it.

-SS
Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
If the game is finished.
Sell it in indi forum. Even this one, someone might buy it. And advertise to say what so good about it. Demo usually helps too.

Nream is DONE! 3D Adventure Maker
smiley
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "...best of luck to you, smiley."

thanks it means allot it really does
(i hope you were being sincere lol)

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 12th Dec 2007 22:46
Isn't there a big sticky somewhere on how to sell your games? If not, then I think that Benjamin did an article on it in Nickydudes guide.

best.

smiley
Years of Service
User Offline
your right he did (not shore about the selling games sticky though)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 09:15:59
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 09:15:59