Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK Programming Compatibilities

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Am I able to program with DarkGDK and DirectX 10 or 9 at the same time? Does it has any compatibility issues like the ones existant between XNA and DirectX? If this is possible, may I also use the PhysX SDK?

Thanks for your answers
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2007 16:54
I heard from others that the short answer is YES - that is where TGC is going - but some commands will work only in dx9 - others - only dx10.

they are "merging" the code because its so close - I was assured they are doing this and discussed it in the forums. So - if you can't do it today - you probably are basically safe to keep developing status quo for now - and eventually will be able to get stuff running in dx10.

tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 14:29
The answer is NO (for now) since the graphics engine used in DGDK is written on DX9. It's absolutely different API and while it is likely that they will create DX10 engine in the future, you can not use it now.
Comp Guru 910
Years of Service
User Offline
I thought they had an engine that detected if DirectX9 or DirectX10 was installed, and ran accordingly. Dont know where i heard that, but I did.

And if it is not the case, then you cant call any DirectX10 commands that arent the same in DirectX9 because that would be a compatibilty issue

typos...
tempicek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 10:23
Quote: "I thought they had an engine that detected if DirectX9 or DirectX10 was installed, and ran accordingly."

AFAIK, this engine is pretty old in nature and does not support DX10 at all. However, if it did, it would be hidden behind the GDK API, sou you wouldn't recognize any compatibility issues (which would be solved by GDK API).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 07:35:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 07:35:27