Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How come my guy and enemies keep getting stuck!?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
my guy and my enemies randomly get trapped and can only walk in place, when it happens to me i have to shut down the whole game what is goin on?
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi VPuffer. Well before someone says to search. There are 2 answers to your post.
1, your guy getting stuck is like a small bug in the engine, it can happen and not happen. Good level design can avoid these spots, however they can also appear somewhere, even after you tested it the first time, too not find any. The problem could be anything from a badly placed entity to some other cause. Hold crouch [C] to walk out of the lock up area.
2, enemys getting stuck can be a number of causes, poor enemy placement (say around a corner) example - place the enemy on the far wall around a corner, so that there is ample room for the enemy to move, once the enemy is triggered etc. Also there are many other factors, but this is more so trial and error, could be (scripts, objects, flooring anything really). Have a search around and see what you can find out. Good luck.

Working on a new title, planning in progress.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 07:19
...well said.

Own It, Or Get Owned...
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 13:56
Quote: "1, your guy getting stuck is like a small bug in the engine,"

Its not a small bug it is a major bug.
also how can good level design avoid it, good level design like what, you click in tiles, same goes for entities, what can you do wrong. Its not the user that is wrong its the engine.

You will also if they are not setting stuck have them run into walls and stay running into them.

My tip, avoid entities that can be walked on, the frames go down to nothing and you always get stuck on them, also I think not painting the rooms, but clicking them 1 at a time, I think painting them in makes them put in 2 at once and mess things up, if thats not it, its entirly the engines fault, try what I said and see if it works, come back and tell us what happened.

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivita.com/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 09:19:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 09:19:01