Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / My Program: Space Ponies Screenies!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's some screenshots of my DarkGDK program that I'm writing for the GameDev.net 4 elements contest. It's pretty cool, if I do say so myself. I made this pretty dang fast with DarkGDK, and have to say that DarkGDK is by far the easiest game making API I've ever worked with, and is at least 10000% better than Direct3D for C#, the last game API I worked with...anyways, here's the pix:

Yeah, that's right, there's 500 placeholder-art spaceships ferrying space crystals between the moon and the earth, and hyperfuel from the earth to the moon! The sun lights up the earth and moon (placeholder art too) nicely, thanks to DarkGDK's easy-to-use lights! In fact, the whole program is like 150 lines so far, and already implements solid Newtonian spaceflight physics, and very simple flight controls. WASD (and QZ for up/down) + mouselook. Although the S & D don't work yet - does anyone know how to make a vector that points to the right of where the camera is facing? (And the left)

Naturally the ships are cube shaped and have engines pointed in every direction to achieve such an effect. The borg had it right with their ship design - it's a lot easier to pilot a ship with thrusters in every direction.
Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2007 00:42
looks good.... Im just very interested in seeing the code

Niels Henriksen
Working on a (MMO)RPG right now in LightEngine
http://noggs.netopcom.dk/forum/default.asp - Forum for the game

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 07:24:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 07:24:14