Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Should you buy FPSC ? The master Thread.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2007 20:25
I've only been around these forums for a short while...

But already I have seen many posts, queries and whines along the lines of this question:

Should I bother with FPSC anyway?

I haven't actually got it yet, but i've made my mind up to get it.....This post is for those who want to know this forums views on FPSC, while saving the need for adding posts in,(in theory).

So I'm gonna talk about the Pro's and Con's of FPSC.....

Pros
It only costs £30,(or $50).
It contains the ability to add all sorts of custom media.
For those who don't wanna get there hands dirty, there is pretty good stock media available.
Scripting system for those that want to edit behavioural AI.
These forums. A wealth of information from great teachers,(bet you wish you had these guys in high school), generous artists,(high quality and free.....perfect!) and awesome level designs,(BOTB games, the best you can get).
Both official and unofficial model packs, for those that want to pay for a more quality in their games.
Game engine updates, to keep your copy of FPSC sharp as possible.

Cons
Frame rate drops are frequent and brutal.
Enemy AI takes the "intelligence" out of "Artificial Intelligence."
No vehicles, none, i'm not kidding... so stop making posts about them.... every idea has been tried and people round here have given up until a more extensive scripting upgrade is released.So don't post about it.OK mate?
Bugs in the game engine, I can't be bothered to write them all up, so please don't ask me to.

Summary

The bottom line is this, there are 2 kinds of people who consider buying this product...... There are the kind who use it to kill time, a cheap thing to play around with and have fun with.Almost everyone one here is that kind of person. The others are those who buy it, dreaming of riches and awesome games created with this software...If you are one of these people, i'm sorry, get off your little cloud, close down the internet browser you are viewing this post in, and go play Halo 3 or something.You'll never make another (insert totally awesome, multi-million dollar, world-class game of choice) with this engine.

So if you want something to pass the time and have fun with, buy this....Same price as most computer fames but gives you 1000 times more entertainment.Cheap, fun, what else do you want?

(By the Way, most bugs, etc come with pushing the engine a bit, the engine, being like a Loner on a High School Playground, doesn't take much of that.)

If anyone has any more suggestions, Pros, Cons etc... Please post and I'll add them in.

Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
There is vehicles!

hey
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2007 22:06
Ertlov's idea was okay but it was a totally buggy way of working vehicles. So, there is NO vehicles. Don't yell at the guy because he doesn't own fpsc and knows more than you. And don't have a big spaz about what I just said, I'm just fooling with you. (or am I, lol.)
Quote: "There is vehicles!"

join the x games forum: http://www.fps-x-games.com

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2007 00:13 Edited at: 15th Dec 2007 00:13
Quote: "Ertlov's idea was okay but it was a totally buggy way of working vehicles. So, there is NO vehicles. Don't yell at the guy because he doesn't own fpsc and knows more than you. And don't have a big spaz about what I just said, I'm just fooling with you. (or am I, lol.)
Quote: "There is vehicles!"
"

Thanks Darimc, i just wanted to make this thread so noob people could see what the community here thinks of FPSC.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2007 00:39
Wow...I gotta say that this is a waste of forum space.Why do you think there is a free demo for FPSC?So people can make up their own minds.

Please have mercy and use the search function.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 09:18:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 09:18:49