Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / SWAT4 Mod in FPSC.. Is it legal??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 16th Dec 2007 13:08
I have been thinking about making a SWAT4 mod and I have been testing some media from the game, and it looks awesome!

Just wondering if I can release a Mod anytime, or do I need to ask Sierra first? (About the media)

"Right Man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2007 15:04 Edited at: 16th Dec 2007 15:05
Well of course anything that is owned by Sierra is copyright to Sierra and can not be used in any way by anyone else unles Sierra say so specifically.

Just as any or media you make yourself or game you make is copyright to you even if the media intellectual property rights and media copyright belongs to others who have given you permission to use it. The copyright then is a partnership if you like.

Its all about copyrights and permissions unless they are given freely then everything is copyright to someone or other and cant be used without the required permission.

In essence copyright law is simple. Whoever has created something substantially original or owns something, holds the copyright by default. No one else has any right to use it in any way whatsoever without permission in one form or another.

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say Now?"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 09:17:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 09:17:50