Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How do you change what an item says on screen when u pick it up?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How do you change what an item says on screen when u pick it up? Like if you walk up to a key and pick it up it says you found a key. I tried making a new .dds file and a new .tga file and linking it in the code but that didn't work, it really got glitched out. And yes I used the search button and came up with nothing. Thanks everyone
VPuffer
Years of Service
User Offline
anyone?
Corky
User Banned
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 03:35
You have to change the hud (by re texturing it)

VPuffer
Years of Service
User Offline
can u be more specific? I found the lockeddoor.tga and the lockeddoor.dds files for the door being locked and I changed it to my own text, but it looks messed up in the game. its keeping the white outline of the text

"Door Locked : Requires a Key To Open"

even though I changed the picture to something different.
Corky
User Banned
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 22:01
Because, you made the background around the text white.
To get rid of this you have to make the background true black.
You do the same thing with the other ones.

Now im not sure on this but im pretty sure.

VPuffer
Years of Service
User Offline
no i made sure to make the backgrounds true black in both pictures. Its also messing up the text for the lockeddoors that i didnt even change the script to!

I left lockeddoor.tga and the lockeddoor.dds files the same and made new ones called lockeddoornokey.tga and lockeddoornokey.dds and then changed the code in just ONE door and it still affects all of them! whats going on!?!? im so confused

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 09:15:34
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 09:15:34