Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / first meet, enemies ready to shoot, not doing a reload

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 06:50
Is it possible to have enemies not do that re load when they first check you, one walks around a level, the enemy sees you, and he re loads, well I can shoot him while he is doing that, I want enemies ready, not reloading when I first come upon them, anyway round this.

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivita.com/
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 08:27
perhaps an enemy with the weapon as part of the model and an altered zombie script?

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 18:44
why on earth do they start not loaded, has anyone ever played a game, any game ever and had the enemies not have loaded guns, it means an enemy can never suprise the player because its too busy standing there going gee nice day, ohh bummer Im a guard and I forgot to put ammo in my gun, whoops I better put some in while he is standing there pointing his gun right at me, very very annoying? What purpose does this serve at all.

If anyone has sorted this out Id love to hear how they did it.

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivita.com/
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 21:00 Edited at: 17th Dec 2007 21:01
fallen one,

Here you go. Try this script. It's the generic shoot.fpi, with a line change.

I plugged it into FPSC, set the script as entity's MAIN & SHOOT SCRIPT, and it seems to work pretty well. I didn't see any reload occur, before shooting at the player.

If it works for you, it should be possible to modify any of the other shooting scripts, to do the same. Won't need to do this for snipe.fpi...it already shoots first.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Without further adeiu, I give you Shoot First Then Reload.fpi.

Thanks,

Seth Black

Own It, Or Get Owned...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 14:25
the weapon is by default set to 0. (as in NOT loaded).

This means that when it first runs it's shoot script, it thinks it's ammo is 0 and reloads. The best way around it is to make sure that your MAIN script contains the line
weapon=0:weapon=1
which should make the weapon loaded, before it enters the SHOOT script.
I agree that this is a really annoying feature, because you cannot eliminate the reload feature from the shoot script, or the enemy will have infinite ammo!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 14:28
Quote: " agree that this is a really annoying feature, because you cannot eliminate the reload feature from the shoot script, or the enemy will have infinite ammo!"

...but you won't have to wait on him to reload...
I wish I'd known about this before.
I just have to tell you that in real life...my gun would be loaded,etc.
Reloading when it's time to shoot does not work well.
Thanks for the uber tip.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2007 14:50
I have always wondered this myself, but never asked the question. Thanks for the quick fix Seth and Butters!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 09:17:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 09:17:35